Milk / Cream in tea or coffee?

Options
shezzzzz
shezzzzz Posts: 119 Member
Just curious....

After looking at some peoples food logs, I've noticed hardly anyone logs milk / cream / sugar in their beverages.

Do people still drink tea / coffee?

Do you drink it black?

Do you drink it but not log the calories?

I drink both tea and coffee (milk in both). I count one cup of milk per day to allow for the calories.

What do other people do?

Replies

• shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I generally log coffee when I drink it or at least I log the sugar/cream/whatever I put in it. I may not bother logging the actual coffee since it has zero impact on calories, it just depends on my mood. I drink unsweet tea or water usually (in fact I had unsweet tea this morning) but I don't log those unless I'm feeling particularly ocd.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I have tea with milk and coffee with milk as pre-saved recipes and leg each cup I have.

I use full fat dairy now so those calories do add up.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I drink my morning coffee black. I drink my afternoon iced coffee with sugar and half & half, and sometimes top it with whipped cream. Everything gets logged. :smile:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I log my creamer. I don't log the coffee though, lol.

Everyday, you'll see 4 - 8 T of creamer in my breakfast section. For tea, I use Splenda and I don't log either the Splenda or the tea.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I drink tea with milk and sugar, I ended going into my recipes and making and entry called "tea" ....I don't use that much milk and sugar, but I can understand it adding up :)
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Well when I do log.. :grumble:

I log my morning coffee, creamer and sugar...it's only 60 calories for me and I use real half & half and real sugar.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Coffee with half and half every morning! And yes, I log it.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I drink my tea and coffee with sugar, but I log only the sugar packets since they have 0 calorie. So whenever you see 'sugar' on my log, you can bet that was tea or coffee.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I drink almond milk and stevia in my coffee and I log it
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I log my coffee, but I drink it black. Same with tea, I dont add anything to it
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I have coffee everyday, with creamer and Stevia, I log the K cup, creamer and Stevia even though the Stevia has no calories.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Skim milk :smile:
  • Melaniebustos83
    Options
    why are you using full fat dairy? I have heard many opinions on this
  • 365Primal
    365Primal Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have at least 2 cups of coffee daily and use organic grass fed 35% fat cream (2-3 tbsp per cup). No sugar or sweatener. I cut that *kitten* out a long time ago! I dont log often, but know that I get about 200 calories per 4 tbsp of the cream. I dont really worry about calories in and calories out, so hence the reason that I dont often log my food.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS Log my creamer. It's a fact about me that I dont and wont drink black coffee... so i log my creamer and i stick to it... Its just part of my daily cal/fat/macros now..... always!
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I drink it and I log it. I use about 1 tbsp of half and half and a sweet & low in my coffee. It's barely any calories so I won't cut it out, but I try to log everything I eat to keep myself honest :)

"Your body keeps an accurate food diary, even if you don't" - Someone wiser than me
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I generally drink it black. When I don't (in the case of soy chai lattes etc), I log it.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    If I do tea I almost always drink it plain. Chai and green tea are pretty great by theirselves.

Coffee I usually add some coconut oil or coconut milk to.

If you add it, log it.
  • katinachaos
    katinachaos Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free flavored creamer so I don't add additional sweetener/sugar and usually use less than I would if I was using milk. I log it when I drink it, but I've tried to cut back on coffee because while it keeps my appetite at bay for a while, once it comes back, it's with a vengeance!
  • SarahLou1111
    Options
    I drink my coffee black, have cut back my cups of tea to 4 per day (from dozens!) and log 20 calories per cuppa and drink more water with squash to make it more palatable (and log the squash too).