I am thinking pasta for lunch??

Options
EpicMeyri
EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
I have whole grain rotini and it says 2oz = 200 calories. How many cups is 2oz?
Also what kinds of things do you put in your pasta, like what kind of sauce is your favorite?
What's your favorite pasta? (rotini and bowtie are my fave!!)

Replies

• Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    Hi there,

I love pasta ;-) 2oz is approx. 1 serving of 56g (uncooked). When hubby and I make it for lunch, we usually take 120g for both of us which is plenty.

I like making it this way: throw in the pan with a bit of olive oil (I chop it super small) red bell peppers, zuchinis, black olives, cremini mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic and some spinach. Let it cook for a good 3 minutes (I like mine still somewhat crunchy). A little more olive oil (drizzle), and a wee bit of parmesan and basil as topping ;-) MMMMM... You can get pretty creative! Add in some shrimp or meat if you'd like.

Enjoy!
  • hlinkous83
    hlinkous83 Posts: 30
    Options
    2oz of dry pasta equals about 1/2 cup. I like to saute some fresh veggies like zuccini, tomatoes ect. and top my pasta with that. Alos, it is really yummy if you rinse it in cold water and add your fave raw veggies, a litte grilled chicken and a little light or fat free dressing.
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Since I weigh my food, so I'm not sure how 2 ounces of pasta would look in a measuring cup. Cooked pasta is roughly double the weight of uncooked. So 2 ounces (56g) dry is roughly 4 ounces (113g) cooked.

I just checked with some leftover fusilli bucati (spiral tube) pasta. A full serving cooked is a slight bit more than a cup (not too packed).

Pasta shapes are great in salads. I had the fusilli bucati yesterday in a green salad with beets, red peppers, red onion, and tomatoes.
  • themelmac
    themelmac Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    There are 8 oz. in 1 cup, so 2 oz of dried pasta would be 1/4 cup.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    "There are 8 oz. in 1 cup, so 2 oz of dried pasta would be 1/4 cup."

No, pasta servings are by weight, not by volume.
  • Raeontherun
    Raeontherun Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    To be most accurate you would need a food scale to weigh it uncooked. Or you can measure it dry to an approximate using measuring cups.
  • hlinkous83
    hlinkous83 Posts: 30
    Options
    There are 8 oz. in 1 cup, so 2 oz of dried pasta would be 1/4 cup.

This is correct for a liquid, but not for dry pasta.
  • j724mecham
    j724mecham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love gnocchi and bowtie pasta. I love homemade pesto with grilled chicken (FAVE) or just the traditional red sauce with meatballs. If I'm going all out, I love gnocchi with vodka sauce.
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love the Barila Pasta Plus