-95 Pounds in 13 Months

Options
I was shocked when I first took a look at these photos side by side! Figured it was time to post some before and afters.

In April of 2012 I found out that I had PCOS and Insulin Resistance. My doctor advised me to read a low carb book called "The Link and Balance Diet" which really taught me how to properly portion control and what to eat.

Along with my diet I took any cardio classes that I could find (Zumba, Aerobics, Water Aerobics, 30 day shred) and the weight melted off. I'd like to lose an additional 12 pounds, since I'm still considered to be over weight.

Height - 5'7
SW: 256 (I was 300 at my heaviest)
CW: 162
GW: 150

This has been a really strange journey and frankly, the BEST thing I've ever done for myself. Don't be afraid to give yourself everything you want in life. =)

Please add me as a friend if you need some daily encouragement and motivation!

photo1-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

Replies

• clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Figured it was time to post some before and after photos. (Please correct them if they do not show, thank you!)

In April of 2012 I found out that I had PCOS and Insulin Resistance. My doctor advised me to read a low carb book called "The Link and Balance Diet" which really taught me how to properly portion control and what to eat.

Along with my diet I took any cardio classes that I could find (Zumba, Aerobics, Water Aerobics, 30 day shred) and the weight melted off. I'd like to lose an additional 12 pounds, since I'm still considered to be over weight.

Height - 5'7

This has been a really strange journey and frankly, the BEST thing I've ever done for myself. Don't be afraid to give yourself everything you want in life. =)

photo1.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

Small img :)

Huge photos, but you look great!
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Didn't realize they were so big! Resizing now.
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome work! You look happy and healthy!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Figured it was time to post some before and after photos. (Please correct them if they do not show, thank you!)

Height - 5'7

photo1.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful!
  • e_is_for_erin
    e_is_for_erin Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You already know this but I'm so proud of your AMAZING accomplishment! You have inspired me to keep going and to not give up. I still have a long road ahead of me, but seeing stories like yours makes me find the strength to carry on! Thank you!
  • toscarthearmada
    Options
    Can't resize?
  • blondiebabe92
    blondiebabe92 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!!! My highest is 257 and I down to 252 right now. It is amazing to see someone who already took the journey!!!! By the way you are absolutely gorgeous!!!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Amazing results!! You look great!!
  • Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options
    Absolutely amazing. Great job.
  • peachpie73
    Options
    Wow you are teeny tiny!!! I just started on MFP yesterday and am so inspired by the success stories. I feel like you've already blazed the trail and now I just have to get off my butt and follow along! Thanks for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS! It's a new life for you! You look great!
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    You look awesome!! Great job!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. You have acheive some amazing result!
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely incredible! Congrats!
  • NaomiMc_Ra
    NaomiMc_Ra Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You're really considered to be overweight? You look great! HOw tall are you if 162 is over? Just out of curiosity as i was 160 at the start of my journey 4 weeks ago
  • NaomiMc_Ra
    NaomiMc_Ra Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oops just seen you're 5'7! Still can't believe that though. Amazing weight loss
  • dona000
    dona000 Posts: 70
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for posting. You are inspiring us!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Dang, you look great...and must feel the same, congratulations!
  • toscarthearmada
    Options
    Thanks everyone so much! I really do feel like a different person. The changes in my health alone have been worth everything that I went through to get here. My knees no longer hurt and I'm not always motion sick from blood sugar. Now I'm always cold, people feel closer to me when they hug me and even my hair has become more healthy!

Stick with it people! It is 100% worth it in the end!
  • toscarthearmada
    Options
    You're really considered to be overweight? You look great! HOw tall are you if 162 is over? Just out of curiosity as i was 160 at the start of my journey 4 weeks ago

It's hard for me to believe either! They don't consider it to be a healthy weight until I'm in the 150 range. I come across a lot of people with the same measurements as me but they want to be 120 pounds! That would be losing some organs for me. lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!