Milk / Cream in tea or coffee?

Options

Replies

• LeeshLove
    LeeshLove Posts: 197
    Options
    I drink at a minimum of 2 cups coffee everyday, I add 1/4cup unsweetened almond milk and (1) trivia per cup coffee. I do log my coffee and almond milk but not the trivia. there's not many calories in that, I believe it's about 28 calories for 2 cups total.
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    Creamer and sugar can add 100 calories or more to the value of coffee so it should get logged. Additionally, people should really actually use a tablespoon to accurately measure how much they are putting in. I found my usual splash of creamer was in fact almost 4 tablespoons accounting for over 100 calories. I've since decreased it to an actual 2 tablespoons. I also add chocolate protein powder to my first cup to make it an effective use of calories.
    Side note: Whey protein will chunk up if the coffee is too hot. If this is happening to you, let the coffee sit a few minutes, cool slightly with an ice cube, or add cold creamer in first, then add the protein powder. It's a great protein drink with caffeine kick!
  • nobleammonite
    nobleammonite Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I drink two types of tea with milk and sugar - chai and earl grey. I've saved them as recipes (but, I mean, I called them "lattes" so you can assume they have milk in them). Sometimes I use whole milk (yummmmm), so I have two versions of the recipe - whole and 1%. I use a tsp of sugar and a few drops of stevia to sweeten. Almost any other tea I don't use milk, and if I sweeten iced tea or a herbal it's with stevia only so I rarely bother logging it.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    why are you using full fat dairy?
    Not sure who this is addressed too but I use heavy whipping cream because a little goes a long way, it has less sugar, tastes good, etc.

Oh, I also heard something about the vitamins in skim milk/1% have to be added back in whereas if you use full fat dairy they are naturally present, so that's a benefit. Heavy cream has vitamin A. Also without fat, the body cannot absorb vitamin A or D properly. Or calcium, for that matter. or the amino acids in milk. Cream itself has very little calcium, otoh (but I'm a cheese fiend so not worried about that!).
  • BarefootSerenity
    Options
    I drink both tea and coffee. I used to use a LOT of creamer in my coffee, but has slowly weaned myself off it. I really enjoy my coffee black now. Never used sugar in tea.
  • Ladybud2
    Ladybud2 Posts: 26
    Options
    Yes, I log my coffemate creamer every day. I used the sugar free ones. No sugar in coffee anymore!!
    I drink my hot tea plain, no milk or sugar.
  • springs47
    springs47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I always log the half a cup of skim milk I add to my earl grey tea.
    I like it really milky :blushing:
  • Susan_fessler
    Susan_fessler Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I only put Splenda in my coffee, I stopped with creamer long ago because I didn't want to spend the calories on drinks. Every once in a great while I do the single serve creamer and I do log that, it's about 30 calories
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i've trained my palatte to love it black, but on occasion I'll have a little flavored coffeemate as a treat
  • Susan_fessler
    Susan_fessler Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I only put Splenda in my coffee, I stopped with creamer long ago because I didn't want to spend the calories on drinks. Every once in a great while I do the single serve creamer and I do log that, it's about 30 calories
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I wonder why when I add my maxwell house drip coffee it shows 5 calories, I always thought black coffee was calorie free.
  • Keran24
    Keran24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I use creamers, milk, or soy milk and stevia and other sweeteners. I log them. They do not usually count for much in the way of calories if you used them in moderation:)
  • Keran24
    Keran24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    :)
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I drink cream in coffee and I do log it when I log. I don't log the sweetner.
  • altygirl
    altygirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I do the same as the OP - log a cup of skim milk for the splash I have in coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon :)
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I still drink tea, however now if I add anything its just a tiny splash of skim milk and I log those calories. Im too lazy to search for foods half the time so I just add 40 quick calories.
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I log my coffee and half/half. If I find a deal on hwc I sometimes use this. I never use milk in my coffee due to the sugar grams.
  • Kimi103
    Kimi103 Posts: 9
    Options
    Do people still drink tea / coffee? I drink coffee everyday.

Do you drink it black? Sometimes. But mostly with just creamer.

Do you drink it but not log the calories? I don't log the creamer in, no. Black Coffee is ZERO calories, so if you drink it Black, you don't need to log it.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i rarely log my tea, i don't add anything to it.

i do log my weekend coffees, with half a packet of sugar and a splash of organic 2% milk.
  • FussyFruitbat
    FussyFruitbat Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I always log it! I log mine as 100 cal per cup because I use a lot of creamer. It's probably a little less, but whatever.