I'm ready to make this work

Options
I've been in the "diet" and fitness game before. I'm 57 and this is the heaviest I've ever been and I hate it. Apparently I finally hate it enough to get busy and do something about it. Exercise is my biggest downfall, I just can't seem to make myself do much. I know I need to work on that as much if not more than the food stuff and hopefully I'll find the inner strength to get up and get moving. Anyway, I really want this to work this time so here goes and here's to ME!

Replies

• MickeyLeigh
    Options
    Exactly! Here's to you! Exercise can be hard but take it slow. Walking is a great start. You don't have to do a ton of cardio to start out with...start with walking. I walk/jog every night on our local path. Even if you go out for a stroll...anything is better than sitting! Good luck on your journey to weight loss!

Michelle
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you!!

Getting started with the exercise is the hardest part (my opinion anyway). But, I've found that once you start doing it, you start to realize how good you feel afterwards and you want to keep doing it and will actually start looking forward to the exercise and enjoying it! Little by little! :flowerforyou:
  • DanniJNoles
    Options
    I used to train 5x a week in the morning and 6x a week in the evening for 7 months. When you get on a roll like that you end up feeling like you can't go one day without going to the gym. Work outs can be fun. I have an IPOD that has movies on it. I watch movies or my tv series while I do my cardio. I have my favorite songs to get me pumped for my strength training. It can be fun. You just have to think of it that way. When you start seeing results you will get more excited about going to the gym to see the results. While i was deployed I lost 30 lbs in 3 months. Take it in stride and make it work for you. One female started by walking for 10 minutes a day and now she is a beast and burns over 1500 calories a day. YOU CAN DO IT!