Doctors; gah!

Options
I was at my allergist today (seeing a new physician in the practice) who was aghast at my weigh loss. He said he 'assumed I was under a doctor's supervision' and was appalled when I said just as needed for illness and med management. He seemed shocked that I wasn't getting regular blood work done. Keep in mind that this is an allergist, not a dietician or gp. My asthma is better than ever and we were even able to step down some of my preventative meds

I happened to have an appt with my family doctor later that this morning for a regular check and prescription refills. He seemed amused at the notion that I needed to be closely supervised. (We had previously discussed that I wasn't going VLC and balancing my carbs, fats, and proteins) He asked how my energy, digestion, and overall health were (all great) before noting that I appeared to be well hydrated and had a great blood pressure reading. He did recommend that I get my cholesterol checked at some point in the next year.

This allegist is not the first person to ask if this was intentional weight loss or if I am ill. I guess the lesson is that it's okay to be obese, but if you lose weight people worry about you being healthy. Gah!

Replies

• MyProgressISYour1Proof
    MyProgressISYour1Proof Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    My doctor didn't say a word when I had dropped a 100 since I last saw her. She truly didn't know it was even me and introduced herself like I was a new patient.