support

Options
i messed up today and now i am really upset with myself.i dont want to keep messing up,but im so frusrated and depressed. i seem to eat no matter what im feeling,happy,sad,depressed etc. ive tried to keep my mind occupied with other things but it doesnt seem to work because i seem to need that comfort food,so i give in and eat it and then im even more depressed and frustrated.ive tried to exercise but loose interest after awhile and right now im having problems with my back and arent sure what would be safe for me to do. i really need some encouragement and support because rigt now i feel i cant help myself.i dont want to go back to my unhealthy ways,but i keep giving in to myself. i feel so weak.

Replies

• sunlvr
    sunlvr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i messed up today and now i am really upset with myself.i dont want to keep messing up,but im so frusrated and depressed. i seem to eat no matter what im feeling,happy,sad,depressed etc. ive tried to keep my mind occupied with other things but it doesnt seem to work because i seem to need that comfort food,so i give in and eat it and then im even more depressed and frustrated.ive tried to exercise but loose interest after awhile and right now im having problems with my back and arent sure what would be safe for me to do. i really need some encouragement and support because rigt now i feel i cant help myself.i dont want to go back to my unhealthy ways,but i keep giving in to myself. i feel so weak.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I totally understand the "comfort" food. I do the same thing...and with me sometimes it takes a whole lotta food and I never seem to find the "comfort" I'm looking for. One thing I started doing is 100 calorie packs of Popcorn...it lasts a while and sometimes gives me time to realize that I need to do something else. Another saving grace for me is Ice Breakers sugar free gum....

You may have messed up so far today..but pick yourself up and make better choices the rest of the day. We have to take it one day at a time...that's all we can do.

and we can do this!

Best of luck to you!
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    I am the same way! I turn to food for comfort, but also when I'm happy or just bored. It is my cruch for whatever. And I've had people tell me "if your craving something, rather than deny yourself it, just have one" well I've never been able to do that! it's better for me not to have it at all, because one bite turns into the whole box....or rather the whole kitchen!

When I feel the urge to pig out I kinda get into my head and have a talk with my "fat-self" Asking, WHY do you want that and saying that there just comes a time when you have to make a change, and it isn't hard, but it'll never happen if you never put the effort behind it. And if that doesn't work, then I tell myself that if I REALLY have to have that snack, then go for a 10 minute walk, have a big glass of water and in 1/2 hour if I still abosolutely have to have it, then I do, and I try to keep it minimal (maybe not one, but also not 20) And then I brush my teeth afterwards and chew minty gum...because nothing tastes right when you've got minty breath! :laugh:
  • lisatownsend
    Options
    OOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPS SORRY