100 lbs to lose

Options
My name is Shye and I am 31 years old. I have been overweight all my life and at 16 weighing 160lbs I steadily began to gain 10 lbs each year as a prediction of a doctor who saw me only a handful of times. At age 29 I was a solid 290 lbs and I began to realize If I didn’t make a positive change the changes that would happen would leave me with severe health issues physically and mentally. It wasn’t the first time I realized my size but this time was different. I was ready and I joined a gym. It was hard to get motivated but I went did my 30 minutes exactly on the treadmill jumped off and went home. I didn’t lose any weight in the first few months but I started to feel better. Eventually I noticed I was eating less, sleeping better and that climb up the stairs wasn’t so bad. I stuck with it and now at age 31 I am down to 230 lbs. One change led to another and another and another. My goal is not to lose my last 100lbs in a year or two. My goal is simply to continue to change and do better. If it takes me 5 more years to drop 100lbs than that is well worth the wait if it means I don’t stress my self over diet and exercise to the point where I quit, regain the weigh and gain some more. Sure it would be nice to drop it all right now but it won’t be healthy nor would it be something I can sustain the rest of my life. I don’t love food, I love to eat and there is a difference. I am actually a picky eater and the biggest obstacle has been keeping my self satisfied within my food allowance for the day. The past two years or so I have tried different methods of weigh loss and what works for me is slow and steady. I borrowed ideas, tricks and tips form here and there and I continue to evolve but it’s working. Four months ago I met an amazing man who is very supportive but he’s thin and he eats to be overfull every meal and it was super easy to resist at first but then it got harder I admit I fell off for a good month and in that time I thought wow I am going to blow it. Then I went ill for a few months and things got rough not to the point were I couldn’t eat but to the point where I over ate. In the span of three months I did not lose any weight but you know what? I did not gain a single pound. My body is changing; I think I am over eating when in fact most days I do okay and some days not so much but it’s not what you do in a day, it’s what you do for an extended period of time. I joined this site to find additional encouragement and support. Tracking and holding myself accountable have been a big part of my accomplishments thus far and I hope “myfitnesspal” will keep it going!

Replies

• smwkent
    smwkent Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Shye,

Please add me and I feel your pain. I have been called fat my entire life. Just started also, I am ready for changes also. Hope I can be of encouragement to you.