Roller Derby Names

Options
megan1869
megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
SOOOOOOOO... recently I agreed to try roller derby with a friend for fun and it turns out I really like it (or what it's doing for my butt maybe?) well I went in knowing absolutely nothing about the sport and now I have to come up with a name that operates as an alias - yes everyone calls you by the name and you have to answer....and of course I can't think creatively when forced so I thought long and hard about it and came up with Habeas Corpus ("Produce the Body" in Latin) it REALLY seemed to make sense since I do have my law degree but turns out it is taken. The names can be explicit (*@#$!), offensive (insert swear word), intimidating (Murder) or plain (just Megan) but I need help... anyone have any suggestions?

Names I've come up with:

Hoosier - not technically derogatory ANYMORE but outside of Indiana (where I'm from) it once was- if I did this Id probably use the area code for my jersey number

Hautian - considered derogatory used by most students at Indiana State University to describe the locals of Terre Haute (where the university is located and where I was born)

I've tried coming up with something running oriented - since it is my "primary" sport and I'm actually doing derby in hopes that it strengthens me to become a better runner but have had no such luck - I think itd be awesome to use 13.1 as a number though lol

As you can see I clearly need help... lol any input is welcome

Replies

• mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    What are you? Blocker? Jammer? Pivot?
  • TitzMcGeez
    TitzMcGeez Posts: 104
    Options
    sounds like she's a jammer....

Hoosier Bruiser? :)
  • Susan_fessler
    Susan_fessler Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I played derby for 3 years, you better like your name because you really only get one and you will be called some form of it for years. When I picked mine it had to be something my 70 year old mom could tell people when she asked. Also remember that it will be announced and on promo material so think of that in terms of jobs and your future. That may sound silly but it can happen.

also no decimals in numbers so you can't have 13.1 if would have to be 131. If you really like the name that is taken you can still use it, WFTDA doesn't care it just won't be on http://www.twoevils.org/rollergirls/ and if the team is near you it might not be good. Or you can contact the skater because they may not be active anymore.
  • sly1618
    sly1618 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just went with my last name... very creative haha
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!

My wife is in derby, and she absolutely loves it! Her name is $heRock$ :tongue:

You will need to check here for any similarities http://www.twoevils.org/rollergirls/
    If anything similar, your official name will be denied.