Worship

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your
bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--- this is your true and proper worship. (Romans 12:1)

I've got to say that I've lost and gained weight for the last 40 years or so. I was a pretty pitiful person. I recommitted myself Jan this year and was doing fine, but was unsure if I would reach my goal and keep it off. Then I started reading Made to Crave....I am a Christ follower, but had never thought about truly including my faith in my weight loss. Oh my goodness, this book is life transforming.

I have no more doubts. I know I will reach my goals and will be successful in maintaining. a healthy relationship with food. No more cravings and it's not willpower......I challenge you to read this book...especially women, since we have more of a relationship with food.

"Thought for the day: If I want to grow closer to God, I have to distance myself from whatever is distracting me." (from Made to Crave Devotional) Don't let food distract you from living life to the fullest. God wants a personal relationship with you and wants all of you...do not worship food...do not make it your idol, don't let it separate you from God. If food, thoughts of food, craving food, sneaking food takes up a lot of your time, it's time for you to sacrifice this stumbling block in your life.

Be strong friends. We are all in this together. No apologies here for getting "preachy" because I believe it will speak to many of you and may just help a few of you get on the right track.

I am a work in progress. I am not perfect. I don't have all the answers. But I am a child of God and he loves me and that is enough for me!

Replies

• Proverbs 23: 20-21: Be not among winebibbers or among GLUTTONOUS eaters of meat; for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and drowsiness will clothe a man with rags.
  • msmotherof3
    msmotherof3 Posts: 6 Member
    AMEN........it's a great book!
  • maryrx59
    maryrx59 Posts: 55 Member
    Nice verses Wendy!:smile:
  • Aerosam
    Aerosam Posts: 121 Member
    Amen to that, and big kudos for your witness.