Do "Rockin' Body" burn as many calories as "Tae Bo"???

Options
Hi,
I have the "Rockin' Body" DVD's with Shaun T from Beach Body. I put a few of the workouts together and did 60 minutes of it. When I have been tracking it, I put it under "Aerobics - high intensity", but I'm not sure if doing this is accurate. According to my weight and height, it says 60 minutes of high-impact aerobics burns 799 calories. If I put it under Tae Bo it says 1135. I tried googling it, but it just says on average people burn 900-1000 calories doing "Rockin' Body" for an hour - the only problem is they don't say the weight or anything. I know the number of calories burned depends on your gender, height, weight, and the intensity of your workout. I weigh 251 and I am 5'9 and work my BUTT off when I do those workouts AND keep up with them the whole time. I just don't see how I'm only burning 799 an hour doing that considering how hard I'm working out.

So do I keep logging it under aerobics - high intensity, or should I log it under Tae Bo??? I have no idea and would greatly appreciate some advice...

Replies

• brandihutchinson
    Options
    Wow, good question, I have never done Rockin' Body, but when I do Tae bo I put it under Tae Bo.
  • jessobrien07
    jessobrien07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I found online that Rockin Body burns anywhere from 250 to 700+ calories. I added it as my own exercise and for 45 minutes of working out I put that I burred 350 calories. When I put in 45 minutes of high intensity aerobics, it says I burned 380 calories. So it's pretty close!
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    The key to truly knowing how many calories YOU burn is an HRM! It will be the best investment you make, I love mine!! Oh and BTW, love Shaun T... Just finished Insanity and I do Rockin Body at my Fit Club!
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I know this thread is old, but I wanted to say that I just started this DVD set and I log it as "Jazzercise". It gives me an accurate burn this way. Everything else was too high for me.
  • starrkissed
    Options
    Thank you, dward2011! I came on here to find out how to log this and I'm going to use your suggestion. :D
  • AngelKH
    AngelKH Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks dward2011...I think I will log mine the same way :wink:
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    No problem ladies. I will say that my friends all tease bc it shows up as "slimnastics or jazzercise". They find it quite amusing that I log slimnastics. :happy:
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    The key to truly knowing how many calories YOU burn is an HRM! It will be the best investment you make, I love mine!! Oh and BTW, love Shaun T... Just finished Insanity and I do Rockin Body at my Fit Club!

I agree! I do have Rockin Body and I burn about 500-600 cal/hr per my HRM!
  • wibadgerfan1478
    wibadgerfan1478 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    They just need to put Shaun T' s workouts in here so we can track them perfectly ;)
  • Rizo369
    Rizo369 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! I started alternating from hip hob abs and Rockin body and I never know what to log it as.
  • MGLoca13
    MGLoca13 Posts: 1
    Options
    So how do we get them to add Rockin Body to the exercise list??? :yawn:
  • crnacrn07
    crnacrn07 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started Rocking body too. I couldn't find how to calculate calories burned either so I put it under general aerobics?
  • MalaMikaela1
    Options
    I also just started it and put it as aerobic high intensity, but there is also a dance aerobic choice, is that a better choice? I think I might eventually just get a HRM so I can be accurate.
  • lotusspark
    lotusspark Posts: 367
    Options
    Dropping in to say 'hey' I just did the Mark, move & Groove. I'm bad at following instructions but for
    such a short workout, it really got my heart rate going. I suppose having a hrm is the best way to
    know our calculations as stated above. I'm looking into getting one or some type of device to help me
    know my burns. Rock on ladies. :)
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    bump
  • slhamby
    slhamby Posts: 5
    Options
    nobody has added this workout to the database yet? I've been using "slimnastics" as suggested, but it would be nice to have some accurate numbers. The Rock it Out workout is seriously intense.
  • kamdyn17
    kamdyn17 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just ordered mine.. How often do you need to do the rockin body workout? How many people have lost weight within a month Doug this? Thanks!
  • Cloud9Momma
    Cloud9Momma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I log it as dance general since he calls it dance
  • MoRaeNew
    MoRaeNew Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest investing in a HRM to avoid guessing. I have the polar FT4 & I love it. I have noticed that my calories burned are never really close to whatever MFP was calculating. If you can spare the $65 then you won't regret it if your planning on sticking with it. I ordered mine from Amazon. Good luck!!
  • iamthekatiemac
    iamthekatiemac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree. We need Shaun T and the other Beach Body workouts added to this app. That would make things SOO much easier!