Unable to lose weight

Options
Hello all,

I started doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day shred about a month ago, in combination with "diet" and extra cardio exercise. I have been very consistent with eating well and with keeping up with the program. However, after I month I have not lost any weight ,but instead gained 2 pounds. At first I was losing half inches off of some parts of my body, but that has stopped. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong that is causing me to see results opposite of what I want.

I forgot to include that I had lost about 20 pounds last summer from cutting calories alone, with no additional exercise. Unfortunately the weightloss stopped in the fall even though I was consuming the same number of calories.

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    What is this "diet"? How much weight do you want to lose? Are you logging ALL your food accurately? Not enough info here to make any educated suggestions.
  • Shrinkmeslowly
    Shrinkmeslowly Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My first instinct would be it's what your eating- under estimating or over estimating your intake or calories burned even. Most times it's your food. If you want help you might have to have a visible diary...
  • lovingmyreflection
    Options
    I don't appreciate the tone of your comments. I was on the edge of a mental breakdown, but you two, mainly shrinkmeslowly have pushed me over it. Thanks, I didn't need this
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I don't appreciate the tone of your comments. I was on the edge of a mental breakdown, but you two, mainly shrinkmeslowly have pushed me over it. Thanks, I didn't need this

Did you just want people to make an uninformed judgment and say "hey don't worry, you just gained 2 pounds of muscle"?

If you're seeing a result that doesn't make sense, there's probably an input error or inaccurate assumption somewhere.
  • Shrinkmeslowly
    Shrinkmeslowly Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if you took my words in a negative tone, I'm not attacking or being rude to you at all. I'm being honest and trying to help.
    It's also true, it's hard to know how to help without a lot of information.
    Since I upset you I will simply apologies and leave the conversation.
    I hope you succeed in your goals.
    :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I see that you've deactivated your account, but on the off chance that you're still reading...

You don't make any mention of how much you're eating. It's possible that you're logging inaccurately (are you weighing/measuring your foods) or you may be eating the wrong amount for the type of activity you're doing.

I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but a lot of us have found that over-exercising and under-eating causes our weight to stall. You might try either cutting your exercise in half or figuring out your TDEE (http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/) and eating about 20% less than that.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

well that escalated quickly
  • Calliope610
    Options
    Whoa!! And already deactivated. In 7 minutes. Is that a record?
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Well, that was interesting...
  • Finnellappe
    Options
    I didn't even see anything negative there... Just "we need more information to be able to help" basically :/
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Right ????
  • bauer1971
    bauer1971 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    People....go figure! SMH:noway:
  • Calliope610
    Options
    n/t
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    the tones of the comments? YOU ASKED for help/advice We are giving it and we can't help you if your diary isn't open we are not mind readers. If you haven't lost weight then you are overeating in some capacity be it calorie intake or high sodium etc etc no need for attacking someone who is trying to help you
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

wow....uh. Do you overreact much?
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    haha the OP deact'd. So odd.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options

well that escalated quickly

No kidding. Bye!:drinker:
  • michellechawner
    Options
    That was the shortest account activation in history - we can't help you if you're going to be hiding *kitten*, hence why I deleted a bunch of people over the past few weeks. Trying to tell me they are dieting under dr's orders and eating way too little to sustain life then they go and over exercise - i assume this person was the same way.

Probably a teenager PMS'ing

Carry On :drinker:
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Wow.. did I miss something here?
    I'm not seeing anything wrong with what anyone has said!!
    FYI... dont come on a public forum and ask for advice and then snap because you didnt hear what you wanted.
    Obviously there is an error in some of your calculations. Everyone was just trying to help....
  • Adah_m
    Adah_m Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You will build muscle if you're doing the 30 day shred right. I lost only 2 lbs in the 30 days but lost 3 inches off my waist and about an inch off my arms and legs. I look lifted. Worry about inches, and to be honest, as your muscle mass grows you may just look firmer but not smaller. It's still good for you because muscle mass bumps up your metabolic resting rate because muscle burns more calories just sitting there than fat does. The more muscle you can pack on your body, the more calories you will burn everyday, even if you're sleeping.

Also remember, for women some other factors can come into play. I wasn't losing weight for a while, but started making sure I was getting enough iodine (supports the thyroid) and started taking some steps to balance my hormones naturally (taking Maca has been helping me) and I seem to be doing a little better. I don't know much about where or how unhealthy you started off, but that was my problem. Thyroid and hormones.