constantly getting above carbs count

nom_less
nom_less Posts: 13 Member
Hi all...
I try to watch what I eat and my total calorie count is generally under control. But what goes totally out of control is the carbs no.
I am all the time above my carb no for the day by around 40 - 50. is that all right?? or it is the total calorie count that matters.. inputs?

Replies

• cumminsrat
    cumminsrat Posts: 30 Member
    kinda depends what body type you have an how you metabolize carbs... my body hates em and i swell up when i eat them (fat) ive been wanting to cut back on carbs but i have discovered that it will be very hard! all my carbs are coming from whole grains and fruits and veggies. if you can eat carbs and not swell up like i do than you should be fine and shouldnt have to worry. just try an keep em low and it will help keep the fat down
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    total calorie count matters. you physiologically need fat and you need protein for LBM retention.

carbs help with energy.

swell from what with carbs? lol...
  • Wooly_I_am
    Wooly_I_am Posts: 109
    As long as you stay below your total calories for the day it doesn't matter what carbs you have. I eat around 300g carbs a day. Hit your fat and protein minimums and make the rest of your calories up with more fats and protein or carbs.
  • Wooly_I_am
    kinda depends what body type you have an how you metabolize carbs... my body hates em and i swell up when i eat them (fat) ive been wanting to cut back on carbs but i have discovered that it will be very hard! all my carbs are coming from whole grains and fruits and veggies. if you can eat carbs and not swell up like i do than you should be fine and shouldnt have to worry. just try an keep em low and it will help keep the fat down

This isn't good advise!

And what do you mean by "swell up"?
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member

This isn't good advise!

And what do you mean by "swell up"?

he probably means sodium retention or glycogen retention
  • Wooly_I_am
    Possibly! Still doesn't really make sense.
  • nom_less
    nom_less Posts: 13 Member
    Thanks for some insights... going to not fret too much about my carb count...