How to gain weight faster??I need help

Options
As what i have said above...seriously,i really jealous of someone that can become fat easily even without eat much,i knew this would angered some people here.....Now i eat 2.8k calories everyday,3 days weight lifting exercise at gym every week to increase my muscle mass but i still maintain around 136-143...my target is 160lbs and i'm 183cm, i have start my diet program around 2 month++ already.....so any suggestion?

Replies

• nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    eat some chocolate cake and sugar cookies for me, since I can't ....LOL I can gain just fine, it's the losing that is the problem. Good luck, wish I had that problem!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    GOMAD - Gallon Of Milk A Day.

Also, it takes time to put on muscle mass...it isn't going to happen overnight. When I was 18 I was about 135...when I got out of the Marine Corps 4 years later I was around 160. It takes time...keep eating and keep pumping that iron.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    maybe speak to a nutritionist about finding the right amount of carbs, fats and proteins you need to ingest to gain
  • Finnellappe
    Options
    An entire cheesecake.

PS. want to swap problems? :/
  • rmontpetit
    rmontpetit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Gaining too fast you will have stretch mark. I heard Jillian Michaels said that if you want to build muscle here a formula you could use.
    (hour of workout + 9.5) x Your goal weight = cal you should eat.
    If you want to listen to it. it is a podcast :
    The Jillian Michaels show : feb 25 -2011 named Yes, you're getting older ! Plus Big Boy Muscles!

Hope that's Help
  • hiaag89
    hiaag89 Posts: 13
    Options
    eat some chocolate cake and sugar cookies for me, since I can't ....LOL I can gain just fine, it's the losing that is the problem. Good luck, wish I had that problem!

So eat alot of sugar really can help gain weight???
    GOMAD - Gallon Of Milk A Day.

Also, it takes time to put on muscle mass...it isn't going to happen overnight.

hrmm i drink around 500-600ml a day and drink around 1litter if i'm going to gym...
    maybe speak to a nutritionist about finding the right amount of carbs, fats and proteins you need to ingest to gain

i did follow myfitnesspal recommended nutrient......so that's mean i should stop follow myfitnesspal nutrient instruction?
  • starvinkevin
    starvinkevin Posts: 331
    Options
    Cans of Spam + blocks of cheddar cheese
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    Cans of Spam + blocks of cheddar cheese + 200 grams of protein a day - gained 20 lbs like this in a month.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Stop exercising for a bit and just eat then you can exercise again. I don't know. It's worth a shot!
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    Dude you gotta eat at least 5k calories if u want to make any decent weight gains
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming the OP is trying to build muscle mass, not trying to get fat. You need to eat at about 250 - 500 calorie per day surplus from your maintenance. I don't know your stats, but for me that would be around 3200 calories or so per day. If you just stuff your face, you're going to just get fat, even if you're lifting...you want to do a controlled bulk. Make sure you're getting your protein (1g/Lbs of LBM) and essential fats (20%-30% of your diet) and load up on carbs with your remaining calories. I personally perform better with slow carbs from grains, potatoes, etc and plenty of fruits than I do straight sugar, but if you're having trouble hitting those calories, have a slice of cake and some ice cream or something.

Also, what is your lifting routine? You're doing 3x weekly...are you doing a full body or split...strength or hypertrophy program?

Also, you'll put on some fat, but should try to keep this to a minimum. If you have reasonably good genetics and proper diet and hitting the weight room, you can put on about 4-6 Lbs of muscle per year. Like I said, it takes time...doesn't happen over night.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Since you mention weight training, I'm assuming it is increased muscle mass you are aiming for here.

First - are you following a progressive lifting program like Starting Strength or Stronglifts? You have to be stressing the muscles to force them to grow.

Second - are you also doing cardio? If so: stop, at least during this bulk cycle. Nothing against cardio, but it burns a lot of calories that you want to go to building that bulk right now.

Third - eat more! To gain weight, you have to be in a calorie surplus. Energy (calorie) dense foods are going to help here obviously. So yes - anything sugary will help! But also make sure you are eating enough protein. 1 g per lb of lean body mass or more per day should be your target. Your body needs protein to build muscle.

Fourth - sleep. You need rest and sleep to allow the muscles to build.

Fifth - be prepared that the above will also add fat as well as muscle. So you'll want to do a cut at some point to retain the muscle, but lose the extra fat. This will of course bring the weight back down some.
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    screw moderation - if u want to get big go all out and have some fun - u can suffer later after you got huge muscles!
  • hiaag89
    Options
    I'm assuming the OP is trying to build muscle mass, not trying to get fat. You need to eat at about 250 - 500 calorie per day surplus from your maintenance. I don't know your stats, but for me that would be around 3200 calories or so per day. If you just stuff your face, you're going to just get fat, even if you're lifting...you want to do a controlled bulk. Make sure you're getting your protein (1g/Lbs of LBM) and essential fats (20%-30% of your diet) and load up on carbs with your remaining calories. I personally perform better with slow carbs from grains, potatoes, etc and plenty of fruits than I do straight sugar, but if you're having trouble hitting those calories, have a slice of cake and some ice cream or something.

Also, what is your lifting routine? You're doing 3x weekly...are you doing a full body or split...strength or hypertrophy program?

Also, you'll put on some fat, but should try to keep this to a minimum. If you have reasonably good genetics and proper diet and hitting the weight room, you can put on about 4-6 Lbs of muscle per year. Like I said, it takes time...doesn't happen over night.

for me is 2.8k calories....

hrmm here's what i always did at gym:

1)Incline Dumbbell Fly 22lbs = 4 sets with 10+reps
    2)Bench Press, Barbell 70lbs = 3sets with 6+ reps
    3)Lying Triceps Extension 22lbs = 3 sets with 12+ reps
    4)Pull Ups = 6 times
    5)Machine Squat 100 lbs = 2 sets with 20+ reps
    6)Leg Extension 260lbs = 2 sets with 50+ reps
    7)Leg Press 90lbs = 2 sets with 15+ reps
    8)Seated Biceps Curl 70 lbs = 3 sets with 7+ reps
    9)Lateral Raise, Dumbbell, Side 4.4lbs = 2 sets with 10 reps

btw...issit normal for my left chest slightly bigger than my right chest?and my right hand bigger than left hand?

here's my recent photo....although can't see my both hand and both chest....

2013-06-13172922-1.jpg
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    Damn u look cut but yeah need more mass - honestly you wont get fat if u bulk - you look like the type who has probs putting on weight - I know a guy in college that was even smaller than you and by senior year he was huge and ripped still - he just ate as much as he could of everything cuz his metabolism was so fast.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    If you aren't gaining at 2800, eat more. The calculators are just estimates. Go by what your body actually does.
  • hiaag89
    Options
    Damn u look cut but yeah need more mass - honestly you wont get fat if u bulk - you look like the type who has probs putting on weight - I know a guy in college that was even smaller than you and by senior year he was huge and ripped still - he just ate as much as he could of everything cuz his metabolism was so fast.

yeah...that's why i need to gain weight...i'm 183cm but i'm currently only 139lbs....my friends all said i'm skinny muscular...i don't want to looks like The Rock or Vin Diesel...but at least i don't want to stay skinny....
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Well I could give you my stoner approved obese diet but I don't think that's your goal. Caloric surplus with nutrient dense foods think whole milk, nice succulent prime rib, avocados, nuts, fatty fish like salmon, and try to avoid habits like smoking and excessive caffeine.
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    Honestly look at how ripped he his - its obvious he has a super-fast metabolism. He should just go all out and eat everything in sight - he might get some fat but with a little effort he'll be able to cut up again cuz of his metabolism. People like him are what weight gainers are designed for!
    Well I could give you my stoner approved obese diet but I don't think that's your goal. Caloric surplus with nutrient dense foods think whole milk, nice succulent prime rib, avocados, nuts, fatty fish like salmon, and try to avoid habits like smoking and excessive caffeine.
  • hiaag89
    Options
    Honestly look at how ripped he his - its obvious he has a super-fast metabolism. He should just go all out and eat everything in sight - he might get some fat but with a little effort he'll be able to cut up again cuz of his metabolism. People like him are what weight gainers are designed for!

Btw, last time i got drink weight gainer protein shake ...well...i gain 5 kg in a week,8 kg in 3 weeks...but i lose my appetite...i don't feel like eating anything whole day after drink weight gainer protein shake...and sometimes feel like want to puke..and diarrhea....but after i stop drink for a week...i lose 3kg...so i start my diet program using myfitnesspal...and gain back 2kg...but it's slow..and if i didn't reach my daily calories target even for a day...i'll lose like 1-2kg on the next day.....