What is your best snack?

Options
I need some ideas for snacks I can have during the day at work. Need some suggestions that have some (not a lot) of protein in them.

thanks!

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    String cheese
    Fruit and cottage cheese
    Boiled egg
    Celery and peanut butter
    Veggies and hummus
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with triscuts
    Apples or celery with peanut butter
    Almonds
    Greek yogurt
    Fiber one granola bars
    Hard Boiled Eggs
  • trishyorke
    trishyorke Posts: 20
    Options
    thanks guys...will def try celery & pb and triscuits and cottage cheese...good ideas :)
  • katezx
    katezx Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    rice cakes - especially snack a jacks chocolate ones!! :D
  • ReinaJaLaNa
    ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure what you consider "a lot" vs. "some" when it comes to protein, but here are some of my top fav. snacks..

* Emerald Natural Almonds 100-Calorie Packs -- they aren't just almonds but are also coated in various seasonings such as paprika, onion powder and garlic powder..and omG..I would eat these all day if I could. But instead :) I just take one pack to work a few times a week. And they have 4g of protein.

* Blue Diamond Blueberry Almonds -- 144 calories and 5g of protein for one serving/24 almonds; delish!

* Emerald Breakfast-On-the-Go Nut & Oatmeal pouches -- 180-190calories and 3-5g of protein, depending on which flavor you get

* Nature Valley Oats & Honey (or Pecan Crunch) Crunchy Granola Bars -- 190cals and 4g of protein for 2 bars; or 95cals and 2g of protein for 1 bar (2 come in a pack)

* Not high in protein but a GREAT snack -- another one of my top faves and they really mimick regular potato chips or french fries: Sensible Portions Garden Veggie Chips and Sensible Portions Garden Veggie Straws; 130cals and 2g of protein for 38 chips/straws
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    In addition to the great suggestions above, i like to also throw in Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade into the mix :smile:
  • jabrock9
    jabrock9 Posts: 65
    Options
    My absolute favorite snack, I have it pretty much every morning, is a white chocolate macadamia nut clif bar with white chocolate wonderful peanut butter spread on it. Only a tablespoon though. Yum!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    almonds
    PB on a rice cake
    cheese stix
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Pretty much my only snacks are cheese and olives. Sometimes I'll make deviled eggs and eat one of those when I get hungry, but not every week. Also fruit.