soup swap

Options
had always thought of soup as being good for you. until i actually looked at how much fat and saturated fat they contained to say nothing of the sugar content. So my new favourite lunchtime meal is now 2 pieces of toasted bread without butter topped with a tin of spaghetti hoops or baked beans. not only does it taste great and fill me up far more than the soup did but it also has less calories and 12 grammes of fat and 2 of saturated less than the soup (soup has 12g fat and 2g saturated fat per can, the beans have less than a gram of fat and less than 1 of saturated fat) happy tummy all round :)

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Not all soup has 12 grams of fat. It's great you found a swap you like, but not all soup (or tins of beans or noodles) are created equal. Broth based soups have much less fat than cream based ones.
  • Aventuria
    Aventuria Posts: 151
    Options
    Make your own soups (you can make large batches and then freeze them in portions if you don't like cooking). There are so many healthy nd yummy soups out there. ;-)
  • katezx
    katezx Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Make your own soups (you can make large batches and then freeze them in portions if you don't like cooking). There are so many healthy nd yummy soups out there. ;-)

^ :)