Fatigue

Options
On Sunday i worked pretty hard at the gym my forearms were near enough dripping with sweat at the end, and then yesterday i went for a long walk in the sun and sweated a bit and another walk in the evening(see my diary - hour n half in total). Even yester i felt a bit achy all over but still went out, and today it hit me hard.

I couldn't go to the gym and havent excercised today. I feel all achy and worn out, then i got a headache and my tummy started hurting a bit. Is this fatigue or could it be my diet as my tummy started hurting?

Replies

• Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should take some time off from working out ... the body needs rest just like it needs nutrition. Be kind to yourself as well as tough! :) Hope you're feeling better soon!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of stomach problems at first. Guess it was my body's way of letting me know it was not used to eating completely "clean" and healthy! I had a lot of stomach aches and couldn't "go" for days on end at times. This finally evened out and I seem to be much better now. Perhaps it will just take you some time as well. Remember to get in all of your water as this greatly helps!
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    On Sunday i worked pretty hard at the gym my forearms were near enough dripping with sweat at the end, and then yesterday i went for a long walk in the sun and sweated a bit and another walk in the evening(see my diary - hour n half in total). Even yester i felt a bit achy all over but still went out, and today it hit me hard.

I couldn't go to the gym and havent excercised today. I feel all achy and worn out, then i got a headache and my tummy started hurting a bit. Is this fatigue or could it be my diet as my tummy started hurting?

Well, heat can play a big factor. Have you been drinking your 8 glasses and THEN SOME MORE? If you are sweating this much, maybe you need more. You could also be getting sick. Another thing, do you take a multivitamin? Something to think about, since you are asking so much more of your body than you have before.
  • e_nicole_s
    e_nicole_s Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The problem could also be dehydration. Make sure you're drinking plenty of fluids. Be super careful in the sun. Dehydration and sun-related problems can both cause stomach issues, headaches, body aches, and fatigue. Remember to hydrate before, during, and after your workouts, especially when you're in the sun! Take the day off! Get plenty of rest and plenty of fluids! Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon.
  • sativo8339
    sativo8339 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much you are eating now and how much you were eating before, it can be normal. Take small steps backward to get to your desired portions if the aches are bothering you too much. I cut my calories per day in half right away and WOW my stomach let me know.. The thing that helped me the most was to spread out my calories over 5 meals instead of 3. That way I was always getting something in me, but not enough to go over my calorie intake goal.

Your body is going to hate this and let you know right away. Just take small steps and let your willpower get you through these tough times.. in a week or so these problems should go away. Just take it slow and keep at it!