fat burners or no fat burners

Options
Im working out and strength training like crazy and i feel I gain more muscle mass than the weight i should be losing. Increased muscle mass is still a good thing but Ive been thinking maybe i should incorporate a fat burner into my regimen in order to lose the pounds of fat i want to. Im deathly afraid of choosing the wrong one and having complications of some sort, i will consult a doctor most definitely before hand BUT i would like to have a few specific fat burners in mind to bring up to doc. I know green tea is good for weight loss etc and i do add more cups a day then before. ive heard good things about lipo 6, hyper shred, and oxyelite pro. I dont need a appetite suppressor because i already force myself to eat every few hours, i just need some fat burning activated and probably a metabolism boost. any other products people have had safe results from? thanx, sorry for the long post

Replies

• phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    any effective fat burner is banned. anything you can buy over the counter will be 100% useless. its just marketing for a product that does nothing. and even the fat burners that do work, will at best only assist an already proper diet. it only adds a very small burn.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Proper calorie goal and consistent exercise is all you need. If you are thinking of buying a pill to help do what these will do for you, save your money.
  • samanthawardle31
    samanthawardle31 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Toyally agree with Lyadeia. There are no short cuts!
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Your body is already a fat burner. You don't need to pay for anything to help it do what it's already capable of.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, as sad as it is to say, the others are right. Just because the products say they are a fat burner doesn't make it so. I could say I'm Miss America and that doesn't make it so either.

Ephedra was marketed as a fat burner, and it sort of worked. It also sort of killed people too. Which is why it was banned in the US. Other than that one small side effect, it was fine.

Sorry, but there are no short cuts. The weight didn't get on overnight. It isn't going to leave overnight. And maybe in the end, doing it yourself, through hard work and struggle might be even more rewarding and gratifying anyway.
  • Paleo_wolf
    Paleo_wolf Posts: 28
    Options
    Why do you need a fat burner when with time you will lose the fat? Why so impatient? Those products are a waste of your money... Not only are they inefficient but once you stop using them, you will most likely gain it all back. No point but be patient with your body, eat clean and train hard. Simple
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    your extra muscle mass is the only fat burner you need.
    please don't gamble with your health in a futile attempt to cut corners.
  • Fancytiger
    Fancytiger Posts: 16
    Options
    Agree with others. Fat burners left me with an irregular heart rhythm. Wish I would of never taken them. Build more muscle & you will burn more fat.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Im working out and strength training like crazy and i feel I gain more muscle mass than the weight i should be losing. Increased muscle mass is still a good thing but Ive been thinking maybe i should incorporate a fat burner into my regimen in order to lose the pounds of fat i want to. Im deathly afraid of choosing the wrong one and having complications of some sort, i will consult a doctor most definitely before hand BUT i would like to have a few specific fat burners in mind to bring up to doc. I know green tea is good for weight loss etc and i do add more cups a day then before. ive heard good things about lipo 6, hyper shred, and oxyelite pro. I dont need a appetite suppressor because i already force myself to eat every few hours, i just need some fat burning activated and probably a metabolism boost. any other products people have had safe results from? thanx, sorry for the long post

1. If you are eating at a deficit you are not gaining muscle mass, but more than likely losing body fat.
    2. Green tea does nothing for weight loss.
    3. No pill will make you burn fat
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Green tea has other health benefits, so take it for that reason. However, understand that weight loss and patience are needed for a healthy lifestyle. Best of luck to you.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Proper calorie goal and consistent exercise is all you need. If you are thinking of buying a pill to help do what these will do for you, save your money.
    this.

all this and nothing but this.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Keep up your strength training, and add some cardio.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/12/121215151506.htm
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I take a supplement that has milk thistle, licorice and fennel. I take them for other reason's but when I was researching the herbs I learned that Chinese medicince says they help with obesity.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    This is why I love this place. You can come in, ask a question , be judged or not, but you'll ALWAYS get the right answer, from the majority at least!
  • cvaught1
    cvaught1 Posts: 11
    Options
    im on a cut, i weight train 3/4 times a week, and 45 to 55 minutes of cardio 6 days a week not including warmup/cool down, ive lost 5 pounds, 5 inches, and 2% body fat since the 2nd im more than patient. I was just curious. thanx for the responses....
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, as sad as it is to say, the others are right. Just because the products say they are a fat burner doesn't make it so. I could say I'm Miss America and that doesn't make it so either.

Ephedra was marketed as a fat burner, and it sort of worked. It also sort of killed people too. Which is why it was banned in the US. Other than that one small side effect, it was fine.

Sorry, but there are no short cuts. The weight didn't get on overnight. It isn't going to leave overnight. And maybe in the end, doing it yourself, through hard work and struggle might be even more rewarding and gratifying anyway.

Mmmmm ephedra nothing like legal speed back in the day. I could stay up for two nights in a row too bad my blood pressure is messed up from it now.

Op you have the best fat burner around your metabolism. Speed that sucker up by adding some great nutrient dense food, slow weight loss, cardio to burn, and strength to keep the fires stoked all night.