fast food and diet coke challenge

Options
well I have decided to stay away from fast food and diet coke I know its going to be hard bc I work at mcdonalds we got free lunches for the month, can anyone tell me how to stay away from fast food and im trying to cut diet coke out complety bc its really bad for you I know there is other options to drink, I do go back to work tomorrow lets see if I can do this

Replies

• dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My advice...never go to work hungry. It's only going to make you want those fries even more. Take your lunch to work everyday, and tell yourself if you don't eat the lunch you brought then it's throwing money out the window. These days there aren't too many of us who can afford to do that.
    Keep track of the days you don't eat fast food and reward yourself. Drink lots of water!!!!
  • LyleMcCracken
    LyleMcCracken Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Eat the salads you can get at Mcdonalds. If you get those free you can use your free food perk and stay healthy. Cutting the soda would be the harder one. Possibly try un-sweet tea?
  • CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My advice...never go to work hungry. It's only going to make you want those fries even more. Take your lunch to work everyday, and tell yourself if you don't eat the lunch you brought then it's throwing money out the window. These days there aren't too many of us who can afford to do that.
    Keep track of the days you don't eat fast food and reward yourself. Drink lots of water!!!!
    YES. 2nd all of this. It's totally mind over matter - you're in control of your hands and the food in them - nothing gets in without your say-so!
    I'm a nanny, and my kryptonite is those damned Goldfish crackers. The kids have them almost every day, and it was a long time before I realized I was just making excuses about how I wasn't strong enough to resist them, and I'd just have one handful - ok, two - etc. One day, I decided ENOUGH. Nobody is forcing me to eat them, and I'm in full control of my own choices. I have decided not to eat any more goldfish, because I know just one will lead to more, but I am strong enough to say NO to those little melon farmers. :)
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree with this! Try a little self-hypnosis - when you see a McD at work, which is pretty much all the time - imagine green fatty slime oozing out of it and tell yourself - "Hell, I wouldn't eat that" However, I don't recommend that you communicate that you anyone at McD LOL!!
    Hard job you have there and trying to diet, but good luck with your journey.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Take all your food to work with you - lunch, snacks, etc. That way when you are hungry, you have all the healthy options right in front of you. Bring a re-fillable water bottle to work too and sip on it all day long, filling it up again once or twice. You will stay hydrated and not need any diet sodas.

Reward yourself for your good choices all day with workouts :) Reward yourself after a week of good choices with a small gift for yourself, maybe a new workout top, etc.

Take your credit card out of your wallet and leave it at home. There is a cafeteria down the hall here and it is so tempting for me to go down there and grab something extra, even though I've already brought all the food I need. If I can't buy it, then I can't have it.
  • bugginmary
    bugginmary Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed the Premium Chicken McWrap with grilled chicken and sweet chili sauce. Give it a try. Something else to try is letting yourself eat fast food but stay away from fried foods completely. :smile:
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I used to work at McD's when I was in college. We got all of our break food for free and it wasn't long before the pounds began to creep on. I used to pack a sandwich and fruit for lunch instead.
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay under your deficit for the day, don't worry about it.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I know it's tough working at McDonald's, I'm a former employee. But if you have to eat something from there, do a salad, or a grilled chicken sandwich, those aren't too bad in calories, especially if you don't use any sauce, and avoid the fries. Can't remember what's allowed for the free lunches since it's been more than a decade since I worked there...

Odd story though, worked there as a teenager, and was overweight then too. But they kept me so busy running around that even though I ate the food every time I was there, I lost 10 lbs during the time I worked there.
  • imstrong4me
    imstrong4me Posts: 119
    Options
    the free lunches are the menu that is all numbers to big mac to nuggests now we got mcwraps I guess they wont hurt we do have veggie wraps the fries comes with them I give them away we only get 1 break