Any Trader Joe Shoppers here?

Options
Buff2022
Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
Just wondering what you buy there that you like/love? I am just starting to do some of my shopping there.

Replies

• emc916
    emc916 Posts: 77
    Options
    I go there all the time. Usually just grab stuff out of their frozen aisles. Pasta, fried rice, orange chicken, mochi ice cream, fruit, turkey burgers, etc. Love the roasted chicken patties. Trader Joes wins for the convenience factor, but I find better meat/produce elsewhere. Raspberry cheesecake on a stick oh yea!!!!!
  • Buff2022
    Options
    I just had for lunch:

The chana masala
    Indian bread
    rice

I am having the other 1/2 of the meal for dinner.

I will be buying that again.

Oh and I am FULL FULL did I say FULL
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    things i always buy there:
    my honey greek TJS yogurt.
    whole grain english muffins
    kettle corn :)
    their vanilla almond milk is good too. so much nummy stuff there.
    sometimes for a treat I get a jar of the speculous cookie butter. ummm NUM. its so tasty
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    do not have them here.
  • RomaBella910
    Options
    I love Trader Joes!! The tomato basil hummus is sooo good. I also like to get Ezekiel bread and almond butter. Trader Joes greek yogurt is really good also.
  • vyanadevi
    vyanadevi Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I get the oatmeal there, it's nice and quick for breakfast, it's in the frozen section, steel cut oats. I guess a lot of the frozen berries for shakes and things of that nature.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
  • alaricsmom
    alaricsmom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    things i always buy there:
    my honey greek TJS yogurt.
    whole grain english muffins
    kettle corn :)
    their vanilla almond milk is good too. so much nummy stuff there.
    sometimes for a treat I get a jar of the speculous cookie butter. ummm NUM. its so tasty

Oh the Cookie butter!! I can't buy that for awhile though! I have to get on track first. That stuff is too tasty for me to ignore it in my pantry!!
  • animelose2012
    Options
    i also here that they have 100 calorie chocolate bars.
  • laurabelle2013
    Options
    The vegetable masala patties (frozen in a box of 4) are really good. heat in toaster oven, top w./ hummus, their cucumber yogurt dressing and fresh tomato...a great salad alternative for lunch.

their raw almonds are the best/cheapest I buy a dozen bags at a time

and their cheeses cant be beat, I buy the sliced and brie for the family there ....

plus everyone working there is usually happy and outgoing. I love TJ's!!!
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I love their Grass fed beef burgers, and their organic goat milk. Aside from that I usually wander around and pick up things I want to cook with during the week.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Trader Joe's! Some of my favorite items are:

Turkey meatballs
    Mushroom fettuccini
    Salsa verde
    Basil marinara sauce
    Steamed dumplings
    Rolled taquitos
    Grilled lemon chicken
    Organic brown rice (frozen; microwave in a bag)

I could go on and on!
  • emc916
    emc916 Posts: 77
    Options
    Try their olive hummus whooooweeeee
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TRADER JOES. It really is one of my favorite places. They have a killer cheese selection, I love all the healthier alternatives to regular snacky food they have as well! Just browse around, read labels - nothing will disappoint! :)
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    We eat meals from Trader Joe's every week (mostly the pre-prepared, microwaveable type). We like chicken lasagna, the stuffed peppers, and the orange chicken the best.
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Im addicted to Trader Joe's!!!
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo Trader Joe's!
    I go in I usually buy avocados, cheese, almond flour, psyllium husk, and a HUGE block of dark chocolate, lol! I think it's like 2.5 pounds or something (not really, more like a pound).
    I usually buy veggies and things like that there too, love me some Trader Joe's :D
  • Buff2022
    Options
    Just had the gucamole hummus on my BLT.....LOVE!!!
  • ayankeefan51
    ayankeefan51 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what you buy there that you like/love? I am just starting to do some of my shopping there.

Ditto! Bumping for ideas as I'm not sure what to buy there as opposed to a Pathmark.
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love trader joes :) I do probably all my shopping between them and aldi and only rarely have to go to a regular supermarket.

At TJ's in particular I get:

tofu
    hummus
    indian food (like all of it)
    coconut ice cream

my husband loves the chicken sausages & he just got the turkey burgers to try.

the only thing i didn't really love of theirs were their jo-jo cookies (oreo style cookies).