mild depression

Options
any1 else suffer from mild depression?
i have been on pills, but have stopped as i want to start trying for a baby.
i then went to a councellor, i sorted out some stuff.
but these days some days are great, some days are a huge effort!
any1 got any tips to keep going with the weight loss when you are feeling low . . . .

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    any1 else suffer from mild depression?
    i have been on pills, but have stopped as i want to start trying for a baby.
    i then went to a councellor, i sorted out some stuff.
    but these days some days are great, some days are a huge effort!
    any1 got any tips to keep going with the weight loss when you are feeling low . . . .

:flowerforyou:
  • amberc_03
    amberc_03 Posts: 8
    Options
    Just do it anyways!!! I was taking meds persribed by my md.. they worked great but i wanted to be "drug" free. So I gradually weened myself off (with the aid from my md) I still sometimes get down.. But a good friend told me " If you are feeling down and dont want to do anything, GET UP, and DO IT ANYWAYS!!" that was the best advice I could have gotten.. It works.. Just tell yourself I know you dont feel like it but I am going to do it anyways and about ten minuets into it you start to feel great...
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/16970-enter-exercise-depression-exit-stage-left?hl=depression&page=1#posts-140576

Check out this recent thread above. Think of it this way: exercise is your medicine.:flowerforyou:
  • RunBikeSkiRepeat
    Options
    I've suffered from depression varying from mild to severe for years. I'll tell you right now that exercise is your best friend. Seriously. The more active you are, the better you are going to feel. Anytime that you just don't feel like doing it, remind yourself- it's not just something you should do. It's something your really need to do to stay healthy. Trust me, it helps.
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/16970-enter-exercise-depression-exit-stage-left

So many wonderful testimonies on this thread, including snippets of my own. The words of wisdom flow like fine wine in the above thread.