Back to 140lbs

Options
:cry: I've worked soooo flippin hard to get to 136, then the one week vacation ruined it all! I'm back to 140lbs. Screw it, maybe my body wants to be this way.

Replies

• kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    :cry: I've worked soooo flippin hard to get to 136, then the one week vacation ruined it all! I'm back to 140lbs. Screw it, maybe my body wants to be this way.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I hear ya..I recently had a few bad days and gained 1.5 pounds
    SO stinks to see the scale go up...try not to feel too discouraged though
    I'm sure if u get back on track now that you are home...you'll continue to loose (if that's what you want)

Good luck..((HUGS))
    kim
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    Your half right. Your body becomes comfortable and "set" at a cetain weight. I used to be 195 and no matter what I did I couldn't lose or even gain weight. But now my body refuses to go below 230! The longer you at a weight the more "set" that weight becomes. Once you start losing the weight (slowly) it'll be easy to gain the weight back at first, but the longer your at your lighter weight, the less likely you will gain it back so easily. So don't give up! You just have to convience your body that it really isn't comfortable at that weight! :drinker:
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Grneyz, I think you said it exactly right! It is your mind against your body:explode: It is a war and if you'll step back a little bit, your body will win that extra pound of territorry and it will not give it back without good fight. The more you give in to it, the harder it is going to be to get it back. So get your pounds back while you can:devil:
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    Grneyz, I think you said it exactly right! It is your mind against your body:explode: It is a war and if you'll step back a little bit, your body will win that extra pound of territorry and it will not give it back without good fight. The more you give in to it, the harder it is going to be to get it back. So get your pounds back while you can:devil:

sometimes I feel like there's an inner battle. There's the Skinny girl, who loves to work out and eat healthy and then theres the fat, lazy, muncher. Definatley a battle between mind and body!
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    I hope it doen't take another seven months to lose it again!
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    this totally explains why if I slip up for one day or a whole week my body goes right back to the same weight! it drives me crazy.
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    This past weekend fun I gained 3 pounds. :grumble: I didn't pig out or anything. Well I hope I can get threw 4th of July weekend.