Turbo Fire after Insanity?

Options
Hello all. I was curious if anyone has done Turbo Fire after Insanity. Is it more/less intense? I'm trying to decide if I want to do a second round of Insanity or try Turbo Fire. Thanks!

Replies

• LynneT44
    LynneT44 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I havent tried Turbo Fire but i love Turbo Jam and it helped me tremendously when i was 40! I was actually in the best shape of my life and hope to get back there..
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    Less Intense then Insanity! I have done Turbo Fire and Turbo Jam...Turbo Fire is very much cardio but, from what I gather, about Half the intensity of Insanity.
  • daissyy23
    daissyy23 Posts: 1
    Options
    Turbo Fire is a lot of fun and I work up a sweat doing it but it's definitely less intense than insanity.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I see cardio and cardio. Where's the strength training?
  • klcalliari
    klcalliari Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity and then Turbo... Insanity is definately harder BUT for me at least it was way more fun and i found i could do it 100% without stopping and do it full out. I wear a heart rate monitor and i got the same caloric burn per minute or BETTER with turbofire. My biggest thing was sticking with it... i had a much harder time sticking with Insanity than i did turbo.
    Doing p90x now and ChaLEAN extreme next!
  • kaleena1983
    kaleena1983 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I see cardio and cardio. Where's the strength training?

I appreciate your concern. I lift three times a week in addition to my cardio.
  • kaleena1983
    Options
    I did Insanity and then Turbo... Insanity is definately harder BUT for me at least it was way more fun and i found i could do it 100% without stopping and do it full out. I wear a heart rate monitor and i got the same caloric burn per minute or BETTER with turbofire. My biggest thing was sticking with it... i had a much harder time sticking with Insanity than i did turbo.

What are the average video lengths and is it a 6 day a week program? How was it on your knees? That is my biggest problem with Insanity.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I did, I thought it was intense, it's different from Insanity but it's an amazing program.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I've done Turbo Fire and am a week from finishing Insanity. Turbo Fire is easier in the sense that the intervals in the HIIT workouts are more like 1 min hard, 1 min rest whereas Insanity is 3 min hard and 30 seconds rest. However, if you push yourself like you are supposed to in TF, you will work hard. Turbofire also incorporates more regular cardio workouts.

I would highly recommend switching your workout after insanity to a lifting/TF mix. Your body will need a break from all that high impact Max training. It's really hard on you despite it's great fitness benefits and is best used as a training tool once in a while, not constantly. Plus, you really don't want to ignore weight training. It's just as important as cardio.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Like turbofire / Chalene Extreme =)

both amazing programs
  • jumpthemoon
    jumpthemoon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity and after I complete the program, I think I'm just going to do it again!!!
  • kaleena1983
    Options
    I've done Turbo Fire and am a week from finishing Insanity. Turbo Fire is easier in the sense that the intervals in the HIIT workouts are more like 1 min hard, 1 min rest whereas Insanity is 3 min hard and 30 seconds rest. However, if you push yourself like you are supposed to in TF, you will work hard. Turbofire also incorporates more regular cardio workouts.

I would highly recommend switching your workout after insanity to a lifting/TF mix. Your body will need a break from all that high impact Max training. It's really hard on you despite it's great fitness benefits and is best used as a training tool once in a while, not constantly. Plus, you really don't want to ignore weight training. It's just as important as cardio.

Thank you for the feedback. I have been thinking of doing something different from Insanity to give my knees a break. That's really been the only downside for me to keep doing it. I'm just worried that Turbo Fire might not be as intense as I'd like it to be.

I lift three times a week in addition to cardio. It is rough on the days I lift and do Insanity, but I still manage to get through it. :)
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't recommend lifting with the full insanity program (or full TF program either)....it's just too hard on the body and counterproductive in my opinion. The usual thing is to do 3 days lifting focus and 2 - 3 days cardio on the off days. (I am doing the full Insanity program right now after a 4 month heavy lifting only focus and will switch to a lift/cardio mix after insanity. )

Turbofire can be modified pretty easily for knee issues so no worries there. There's a girl on the right (Allie I think) and she does everything low impact. And intensity depends on you. If you can push yourself, it'll be intense.
  • kaleena1983
    Options
    I love Insanity and after I complete the program, I think I'm just going to do it again!!!

What day are you on?
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Done it both ways! Turbo Fire is definitely better to start with.
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Of course, depending on your fitness abilities when you start.
  • klcalliari
    klcalliari Posts: 60 Member
    Options

What are the average video lengths and is it a 6 day a week program? How was it on your knees? That is my biggest problem with Insanity.

The workouts are between 15 minutes and 55 minutes... average workout would be 30-45 minutes. I didn't have any problems with my knees and they have someone on there that shows a modified move for everything that is knee friendly for every move.
  • HardeesGal
    HardeesGal Posts: 55
    Options
    I finished Insanity and than started Turbofire. I had a harder time sticking with Insanity than I do Turbofire. I love Turbofire and it isn't like a workout to me. It's more fun and I do burn most days just as much as I did with Insanity. Different people like different workouts. I feel like Turbofire is my thing :-)