Slim n Six & TurboJam by Beach Body

Options
I just wanted everyone to know that I have both of these workouts and enjoy them a great deal! TurboJam is fun and fast-paced and your stomach will be sore even though you never lie down on the floor! Slim n Six is a cardio/strength training routine so you will be sore for a couple of days after a workout, especially in your butt and thighs. Slim n Six has really toned up my muscles and I felt the difference within two weeks of doing the routine. Slim n Six works, but it's a true workout. TurboJam is more fun and you don't realize how much you've worked your tail off because it flies by.

Replies

• tannedtoni
    Options
    I just wanted everyone to know that I have both of these workouts and enjoy them a great deal! TurboJam is fun and fast-paced and your stomach will be sore even though you never lie down on the floor! Slim n Six is a cardio/strength training routine so you will be sore for a couple of days after a workout, especially in your butt and thighs. Slim n Six has really toned up my muscles and I felt the difference within two weeks of doing the routine. Slim n Six works, but it's a true workout. TurboJam is more fun and you don't realize how much you've worked your tail off because it flies by.
  • Tiffany
    Options
    What is Slim & Six? Is that 90X? I just bought Turbo Jam, received it tonight and already tried it. I really like those hand weights. It seems like a great workout. I go to the gym during the week and use the elliptical. However, on the weekends I like to work out at home and want to burn as many calories doing my cardio routines as I do on the elliptical machine.

I seem to burn around 400 calories in 40 minutes on the elliptical if I do 2 minute normal pace intervals with 3 minute hard core intervals.

I never use the calorie burn indicated by the company. I usually record less calorie burn since I am such a little person. I am only 5 ft. 2 inches 103 pounds. Turbo Jam says it burns 700 calories in 45 minutes. I cut it down to 400 calories in 45 minutes. Who knows if I am right. I just would rather be safe than sorry.
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Slim in 6 is what I did immediately following the birth of my second child. It worked wonders. I still use the workouts occassionally but find that since you are doing the same thing over and over, I get a little bored. So I plan on incorporating them into a rotation that will include other workouts. :smile:

It consists of doing several strength-training moves in quick succession so you get the cardio benefits. Lots of squats, lunges and plies for your legs, resistance band training for your arms and some floor work including legs, push-ups and crunches. The workouts vary from 27-57 minutes long and you move up from the shorter, less intense beginner workout to the advanced. And you must do these workuts 6 days a week.
  • Tiffany
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know. I already have plenty of weight lifting workouts. I am always looking for high burning calorie aerobics to supplement my weight lifting.
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Great Abs is another one by Beach Body that rocks. I rotate with slim n six, great abs, turbo jam and some others to keep it interesting, but Great Abs truly is the best ab workout I have ever tried.
  • Tiffany
    Options
    How much does Great Abs cost? Does it use any fitness balls or is it using your body's free weight?
  • avrich2004
    Options
    I'm having trouble finding this Great Abs dvd by Beach body...Is that the correct name?
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    It's part of a set. I'll email a link to it.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    They are great workouts!! Slim in 6 is a program from Debbie Siebers and Turbo Jam is from Chalene Johnson. P90X is a totally different program from Tony Horton! I think Great Abs Guaranteed is what it is under.

Let me know if you have any questions about BB workouts, I'm a Team Beachbody Coach!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble finding this Great Abs dvd by Beach body...Is that the correct name?

Great Abs Guaranteed!®
    Get the ripped abs you've always wanted with this amazing 7-minute workout.

Regular Price: $9.95
  • donnanoodles
    Options
    how many calories does slim n 6 start it up and ramp it up burn? i want to enter the proper calories burned in my diary