what do I do???

Options
Ok.....so today I went to a local deli spot and got a super delicious sandwich.....well, I have NO way of getting nutritional value on the sandwich. So what do you do in this case....when you want to log-in what you ate....but have NO idea what the value is???.........Let me know :)

Replies

• roromclarty
    Options
    Ok.....so today I went to a local deli spot and got a super delicious sandwich.....well, I have NO way of getting nutritional value on the sandwich. So what do you do in this case....when you want to log-in what you ate....but have NO idea what the value is???.........Let me know :)
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    well...its what I call a free food LMBO...naaaaa I wish!

I usually do the best I can at finding something close....what was in your delicious deli sandwich...I'll try to help!

hugs!
    Ali
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I would just break it down, ingredient by ingredient, and guess on the serving size of each item. Or compare it to a subway sandwich and log that....Yum, I love a good sandwich!
  • healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    Usually what I do is think of something that is close to it. For example, my boyfriend makes me this sandwich for breakfast sometimes(probably not the most healthy thing to eat) but it has egg, bacon, and cheese on it and its on a bagel. Sometimes the bagels he uses don't have the nutritonal value on the bag because they are from a bakery, so I just guess that the whole sandwich is similar to a Mcdonalds egg mcmuffin or the bagel sandwiches they have.

Or you can sometimes add up just about how much calories each item on the sandwich contains, and then add them all together, I do that sometimes too.

:heart: Danielle
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    This website has a recipe calcuator. You input the ingredients and it gives you per serving value.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp.