Quick breakfast ideas?

Options
I am a very busy mom that works two jobs. I have been eating peanut butter on toast around 8:30 and that has been taking me through until I get lunch around 1PM, however, I feel like it's too much in the mornings. Any ideas for some fast, easy, cubical friendly breakfasts? Thank you!

Replies

• LeeshLove
    LeeshLove Posts: 197
    Options
    What exactly do you mean by "too much"?

As for ideas...
    I will make oatmeal, cottage cheese pancakes on Sunday and freeze them. Really easy in the A.M.
    I also sometimes eat an apple cheddar melt. again really easy and portable.
    and some mornings I simply make a protein shake.

you could also do some low-fat cottage cheese with fruit on it
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Greek or regular non-at yogurt and hard boiled eggs are my main stay for breakfast. I keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge all the time, I peel a couple the night before and put them in a small glad container, grab them with a yogurt in the morning and head off too work.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I throw some frozen berries in a tupperware with greek yogurt. By the time I get to my desk, the berries have thawed, while also making the yogurt a little frosty.

I also just do protein powder and almond milk many mornings. Shake it up and drink it on the road.
  • dana060
    dana060 Posts: 4
    Options
    I very rarely have time for breakfast before I leave for work. I therefore make sure I have food I can prepare in the office once I'm in. My regular breakfast before I head out on any visits is instant porridge which I do in the microwave with skimmed milk. I have this with blueberries on top.

I also have a microwave poacher so often do an egg in that and have half a grapefruit. Either choice seems to get me safely through to lunchtime.
  • suunflower
    suunflower Posts: 36
    Options
    Look into Vitatops!
  • emilydiehl08
    Options
    I going to portion some fruit into ziploc bags and freeze them, then if I'm in a hurry I can just throw it in the blender with a cup of almond milk and head on my way! (Bananas, Strawberries, Blueberries).
  • tlab827
    tlab827 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    On sundays I make crockpot steel-cut oatmeal. I've been recently playing aroud with flavors and apple cinnamon is my favorite so far! Anyway, it makes enough for me to bring it for breakfast every day for a week. To mix it up some weeks I bring yogurt and granola, or hard boiled eggs with fruit and cottage cheese.