hungry and need easy to travel lunches

Options
Devin182
Devin182 Posts: 63 Member
so I'm hungry almost all the time and i really need help with what to eat for meals during the day. especially lunch bc I'm in a car all day for work so I need something that's easy to travel with and can be kept in a lunch bag with a freezer pack. I dont have access to a microwave and dont wanna waste money on buying food out as I am on a very tight food budget monthly which includes all 3 meals about 6 days a week for 4 weeks and I try to stay with in a $100.

thanks for any help you can give me.

Replies

• MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You might be able to keep soup hot in a thermos...
    The only other thing I can think of is salads and sandwiches... Sorry for not being all that helpfull...
  • Devin182
    Devin182 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    thanks....

i think i might need to go low carb cuz i just have no restraint
  • exWHYzee1337
    Options
    eggs<<<< how many can you really eat in one sitting. I eat 3 and im like ok no longer hungry.
    beef jerky
    nuts
    cottage cheese
    yogurt
    turkey/chicken sausage <<< LOVE THIS!!!
    soups
    salads

just depends, start drinking more water also should help fill your tummy and make you feel full more often

hope that helps. :)
  • carieforester
    carieforester Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do these for breakfast, you can heat before you go. http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/the-biggest-loser-s-baked-eggs-in-turkey-cups

For lunch I like these, 2 are around 280ish calories. I am not sure if you would want to do them cold though. I do know some gas stations have microwaves, maybe you could use one of those? http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/impossibly-easy-mini-chicken-n-broccoli-pies/c3ca630f-1c3e-4053-bea3-5745b5e14980
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches and burritos
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    wraps!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad (1/4 mashed avocado, 1/2 can of tuna, diced sun-dried tomatoes OR capers OR diced beets OR sliced olives OR whatever else sounds good, diced red onion and/or celery, 1 Tbsp dill or sweet relish, seasonings to taste) on a Flatout wrap with lots of dark leafy greens.

Half a cup of black or kidney beans, a quarter cup of garbanzo beans, half a diced tomato, a quarter of a diced cucumber, a quarter cup of diced red onions with a dressing made of 1tsp Splenda, 1Tbsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar to taste, and white pepper. Sort of a cross between 3-bean salad and gazpacho.

An eighth of a cubed watermelon or other seasonal melon, 1/4 cup chopped strawberries, 1/4 cup blueberries, 2-3tsp chopped mint or basil, and 1/2 cup of lowfat cottage cheese or ricotta.

A wedge of Laughing Cow mixed with finely diced sun-dried tomatoes and/or black olives and diced green onion, spread on a bagel thin, with 2-4oz grilled chicken breast and plenty of spinach.

A cold baked potato, a cold hard-boiled egg, a stick of low-fat string cheese, and a quick salad of dark greens + diced tomatoes, with a little container of whatever seasonings you'd like for the potato & egg (I personally enjoy Accent, garlic powder, dill, and sea salt -- not all together).

Another cold potato and boiled egg, this time chopped roughly and tossed with a stick of diced celery, a sprinkling of diced red onion, a teaspoon of dill, a teaspoon of olive oil, and a healthy splash of balsamic vinegar. As an alternate dressing option, use pickled beet juice mixed with lemon juice (this is my new favorite Everything Dressing; it's crazy delicious). Put a one-cup scoop of this potato-egg salad on a bed of, you guessed it, dark leafy greens and sprinkle an ounce or so of Parmesan on top.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i bake chicken the night before - then chop it up with chopped celery, mustard, chopped onions, hot sauce, and hard boiled egg whites (or anything healthy i love like fresh chopped up pickles) and mix it all together as a chicken salad. that is a very typical lunch for me and you can put it in a tupperware in a to go bag with an ice pack or two and it will stay cold and fresh...
  • louisenicholls370
    Options
    There is a book called the lunchbox diet and it has some really great lunches that are low calorie.
    You throw everything in and shake the lunchbox!
    I had one today delicious, you may be able to find some of his recipes online.
  • yinaely
    yinaely Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump