So I have lost 24.5kilos... (with pics)

Options
xMallie
xMallie Posts: 208 Member
Hey guys!
So this is the third one of this I have done... And as of today I hit 75.5kilos (166lbs)!
Yay for me!
I was very, very excited... I mean, well kinda. I still have another 10kg til I reach my goal, but I am getting there!
I will start with a story, but if you want the TL;DR: I was fat for a long time and for the past 6 months I have gone to the gym 6 days a week, eaten slightly healthier, and gained more confidence.
LONG STORY!

By the way, you can add me if you want :) I'll accept.

STORY TIME!

All my life, I've been fat. Fat baby, fat kid, fat pre-teen, fat teenager. It hasn't even been chubby either. I was fat, and I knew it. Heck, school kids never let you forget that. I had breasts when I was 10, because I was fat. Ahh well.

I was bullied, horrendously because of my weight. I was seen as different, and when I moved to a country town (there was 38 children in my school) anything out of the 'norm) was taunted and teased. I hated school with a passion, had no friends and I think, in a way, this shaped me into the low self esteem person I am today. My confidence has always been shot. I've been through bouts of diagnosed depression, and not until recently (the last 5 months) has it gotten better, and I think mainly because of changing myself into a healthier version of myself, mentally and physically.

So, as you can see, lots of work to be done. 18 years of excess weight, skin, and low self esteem doesn't go away over night, let me tell you.

In 2011, I hit 115kg, my highest recorded weight. I was so embarrassed to be that heavy. Again, my confidence and self esteem remained low, low low. Like the coles slogan, 'Down down, Mallory's self esteem went down' (Aussies might understand that....)

ANYWAY IM RAMBLING.

during 2011 I slowly lost weight, and I got down to 100kg. I remained there for most of 2012, until October. I was in my final year of High School, nearly finished, my parents began a nasty divorce (We all live in the same house, so my depression hit me again, I don't deal well with added stress.) I was worried about my grades, fighting with my friends... Basically going mental. I decided it was time to change myself. I plucked up the courage, and dragged my heavy *kitten* down to Jetts, signed up, paid the fee, and told myself right then and there it was time to change. I began slow, on the cardio machines, walking when I could, eating less bad things. I kept to myself while I was there, just focusing on me, me, me. And I lost about 5, 6 kilos doing that,

Then, my life changer walked into my life, January 2013. I met Sam.

Now Sam, she is truly a remarkable woman. She saved my life! No lie. She was the first person, including workers at the gym to willingly start up a conversation with me. She told me all about her personal training and gave me a free consultation, where we discussed what I was looking to do, what she offered, and her method of training. She's not like normal personal trainers, choosing to focus on the whole body moving as one, Neurotricional science etc etc (seriously, do not knock it til you've tried it, this **** works. It looks like a bunch of crap but I've lost 15 kilos in 4 months doing it, and I have so much more muscle now it's incredible. I will argue with anyone who says it's bull****.)

She's been my trainer since mid January, and I've never doubted her or looked back. I have never, EVER felt more at peace with myself in my entire life. Gym isn't a chore for me. I love it! I would spend all day there if I could/ If I had time.

Now, don't let me get you wrong, 24.5kg in like 7 months isn't THAT much. But I haven't always been good... I go on holidays (I went on one recently) and I tend to eat terribly there. But I will log everything I eat. it's about making the right choices.

I lost my weight through making the right choices eating wise, logging my calories, and finding exercise that worked for me. through removing my stress on my body I have become a better, happier person and it shows in my job and in my social life.

I'm no inspiration, and I have a long, long way to go still, but I am so proud of myself. I've overcome so many of my inner demons and things have gotten better. And no matter where you are on your journey, NEVER GIVE UP. Have a bad day? Get right back on that horse. Take it one day at a time, it's the only way. We'll all reach our goals, me included.... By november hopefully!

Alright, here are some numbers.

Height: 5'7" or 173 cm
Highest weight: 115kg or 253.53lbs
SW: 100kg or 220.46lbs
CW:75.5kg or 166lbs
GW:70kg or 154.32lbs
UGW: 65kg or 143.3lbs

Picture time!

My face difference (before and currently)
j78ad3.jpg

full length shots (some are bad but you notice the difference)

90br08.jpg

I will probably edit this later tonight to add more, I'm just tired and these collage things annoy me! haha :)

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    awesome transformation!!!
  • xMallie
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Keep up the good work :)
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, and your success is apparent in so many ways. You have come out of the shadows and are just the life of the photo now :) Great job; you are stunning
  • xMallie
    Options
    Thank you guys very, very much :)
  • tryintotakeontheworld
    Options
    You look wonderful, keep up the awesome work!
  • Smokefish
    Smokefish Posts: 1
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the good work!
  • harleenarang
    harleenarang Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Great job girl - You look amazing. And 25 kgs is a lot of weight !! People who weigh in pounds might not realize it :tongue: No offence.

Keep it going - You look fantastic.
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You look great!

Dropping 25kg is a MAJOR success - that's like a 10 year old - and to accomplish that in 7 months is pretty amazing. Give yourself some credit :) You don't have nearly as far to go as you did 7 months ago.

And you are an inspiration - keep it up!
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Is this where I can paraphrase the Coles ad and say "down down your weight is down and staying down!"
    Awesome success! I am around the same height as you and similar starting weight, but being much older I'm just hoping to get back down to around 72 kgs......

Reading your story and others like it gives me inspiration. You should be so proud of yourself! And 25kgs is a lot!!!!!
    Keep up the good work.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congratulations!
  • dcmitchell01
    dcmitchell01 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look great!!
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! you look amazing girl!
  • Moominski
    Moominski Posts: 2
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! Your hair looks great too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!