Replies

• Kattamer81
    Kattamer81 Posts: 90
    Options
    Just signed up! Thank you!
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the links. I signed up for both.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I want to sign up for Introduction to Finance myself, but IDK
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link! I'm going to check this out!
  • sajeffe
    sajeffe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I want to sign up for Introduction to Finance myself, but IDK

Go for it. You can always just download the lectures and do it when you're not so IDK-ish. :glasses: I'm taking a neurology class and a genetics class right now and will download the nutrition class lectures for later.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I'm enrolled!

Also, I highly recommend the Coursera course, "Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention". The instructor is awesome, and the video content is very well done. I can't say enough good things about it.
  • sajeffe
    Options
    I'm enrolled!

Also, I highly recommend the Coursera course, "Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention". The instructor is awesome, and the video content is very well done. I can't say enough good things about it.

I agree. This one starts June 13th and is 6 weeks. I actually took this one in January but didn't finish due to taking too many courses at once. I have re-enrolled. :)
  • LesaLu4
    LesaLu4 Posts: 83
    Options
    Thank you for passing this along. Just what I need right now. What a great motivation tool!
  • ayankeefan51
    ayankeefan51 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Another user just told me about this website. I have also now signed up for the nutrition class that starts today. Should be fun!
  • sajeffe
    Options
    Awesome! Enjoy and good luck!
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Woot, anyone have thoughts on the first class?
  • sajeffe
    Options
    Woot, anyone have thoughts on the first class?

Which course are you taking?
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Signed up for both, kind of late but I am really excited to learn something new! Thanks for sharing!:flowerforyou:
  • sajeffe
    Options
    Signed up for both, kind of late but I am really excited to learn something new! Thanks for sharing!:flowerforyou:

You're welcome. Lots of people sign up late for these courses and that's just fine. So, y'all keep coming! :smile:
  • sajeffe
    Options
    Wow. The Vanderbilt class has over 70,000 enrollees across the globe. I've seen a lot of Coursera enrollment numbers and that's the highest one I've seen. Very cool.

If you haven't enrolled yet, you still can. Gogogo. :thumbsup:
  • sajeffe
    Options
    For anybody who missed the Child Nutrition course, the professor has a website we're all invited to: http://justcookforkids.com/

I'm also fairly certain both courses will be offered again.

And, here's the thread for the other nutrition course that starts 24 June 2013: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1014851-free-6-week-online-course-in-nutrition-thru-ucsf-starts-6-24
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    You're all very welcome. I love turning people on to the moocs. :) There are others. Just google "mooc." I love Coursera but EdX and Udacity are also good.

Some of you might want to start a study group here. That way, you have the course as well as this fitness site in common. I won't be joining the study group because I'm just going to download the lectures to watch later. (I'm in the middle of "Synapses, Neurons, and Brains" as well as "Genes and the Human Condition." )
    thanks