Anyone up for training for a Half Marathon??

Options
I just signed up for the Philadelphia Half Marathon, which is the Sunday before Thanksgiving. I ran it a couple years ago. Its a nice route and completely doable for 1st time runners.

Could use the support during training...

Replies

• coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a marathon in my goals. I dont really know where to start because I have never been in one. How do you sign up? how do you find them? do u just go at your own pace? Are they free?
  • jjbyg
    jjbyg Posts: 1
    Options
    I want to start training for a half marathon next year but don't know where to start either. I've ran a couple 5ks but I'm very slow
  • ryanosgood
    ryanosgood Posts: 28
    Options
    I am a VERY slow runner - as are alot of other people so it's not something to worry about. Just find a run with a longer time to finish - some of them can be more aggressive (i.e. San Francisco). The Rock N Roll Half-Marathon series are a good way to start.

There are alot of training programs online for beginners - all different training periods.

Unfortunately, they are not free. The average urban half marathon that I have done are about $100.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Me! I want to run the LA marathon next year and do a half at Disneyland (holy moly does that one cost $$$).

Sadly I fell and ist my ankle earlier this year and was only recently cleared to run again, but only short distances for now and slowly work up to longer distances.
  • thenoxus1
    thenoxus1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Any of you can feel free to add. I am starting to train for my first ever half marathon in October with a goal of 2:30 or less.
  • thenoxus1
    thenoxus1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    As for training..if you are a slower runner...use a basic program for "Finishing" a marathon and don't focus so much on time. They range from 50-200 dollars, most being around the $100 mark here in Maryland. It's all about steady increasing your run distances. Runs can be found on active.com and similar sites.