Post your pants-purse pix!

Options
A couple days ago, I came up with the idea of taking my largest pair of jeans that I can no longer wear, cutting off the legs and sewing them up, and making them into a purse. I used the legs as the purse straps. Apparently this isn't a "new" idea (making a purse out of jeans), but perhaps the symbolism is. It's a constant reminder of how much weight I've lost, that I can carry around with me. Many people said they were going to do this, too. They also requested pix when I was done. So here are the pix of the finished product. Please post your own pix if you do this, too!

Front:
IMG_1203.JPG

Back:

IMG_1204.JPG

Replies

• FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    That is so cute! And a great idea! Plus the best way to keep yourself from fitting back in them again!
  • karen1003
    Options
    Love it! I wish I knew how to sew....
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Looks great :) Once I finish up my crochet purses, I'll work on my jeans :)
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    What a great idea.
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Karen--I can't sew either. I can just sew a straight line with a sewing machine. It took me less than an hour to complete.
  • Allie_Dreams
    Options
    If I were to do that when I really start losing I would have one BIG purse (size 18 - 20 jeans)
  • monkeyfood
    monkeyfood Posts: 106
    Options
    How random. I bought a pair of size 6 pants (My goal size) and made a purse..It reminds me on a daily basis to be better so I can actually fit in a size six some day.
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    If I were to do that when I really start losing I would have one BIG purse (size 18 - 20 jeans)

These are size 18 jeans. :smile:
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    How random. I bought a pair of size 6 pants (My goal size) and made a purse..It reminds me on a daily basis to be better so I can actually fit in a size six some day.

Awesome! Same coin, other side. :smile: Good for you!
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    Thats is an awesome idea. Once I start losing some serious weight I definately want to do that.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Love it! :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Love it! :)
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hah! That is SUCH a good idea! I wore my best 7 for all Mankind jeans the other day...not a big deal to some people but I practically had to re-mortgage my house to buy them at the time...haha, and now they are waaaay to big! :happy: :sad: (Obviously happy I'm skinner, but wish the jeans were too!!)

But I just couldn't bring myself to donate them to a charity shop! Now I can have a great bag instead of great jeans!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!! ...just wish I could sew...might have to stop by my mum's this weekend...hehe :laugh:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Thats a great picture, but the thread title made me giggle because in England, pants are mens underwear and what you call a purse is called a handbag...so it meant a whole different thing to me...something like keeping my cash in my husbands underwear :laugh:
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    Thats a great picture, but the thread title made me giggle because in England, pants are mens underwear and what you call a purse is called a handbag...so it meant a whole different thing to me...something like keeping my cash in my husbands underwear :laugh:

:laugh: hahahahaha that is hilarious! Thanks for the smile this morning. :smile:
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i'm the same as someone above - i have one pair of jeans that i payed a FORTUNE for lol, now they're too big and i'm gutted !!!

great way to remember the jeans i love but never want to get back to xx :flowerforyou:
  • JennaGermain
    Options
    How do you attach the legs for the straps so that they are on strong enough to hold the weight of the purse when it's got stuff in it? (I want to make a purse like this, too and I don't want it to rip away from the straps and dump my stuff lol)
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    I just reinforced; double stitch on the straps. If you know what you're doing, you could always do that fancy "X" reinforcement on them. But I don't, so I just stitched over it a couple of times on the same line. :wink: lol
  • anderson8480
    Options
    I love this idea!!! I have a pair of Ed Hardy jeans I bought right before I started this site... and they are too big. I think I am going to use this idea! Thanks!!!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    I love it! What a great idea.....and very practical!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!