Am I really crazy?

Options
Hi everybody :)

I am a 24 year old girl from Germany and I use MFP for quite a long time already. It helped me to lose about 13 kg in the last 1.5 years and I am very proud of that and happy about it of course :) However, now I have the feeling that this success motivated me a bit too much and since I saw that it really works to lose weight this way I started to exaggerate a bit and I really became very addicted to MFP and obsessive about this whole weight losing thing.

My boyfriend thinks that I lost more than enough weight and that my body is absolutely perfect the way it is right now and I keep hearing the same from other people. Sometimes they even tell me that I am actually too thin now and it will be very unhealthy to lose more. There might be something true about that because my BMI is really already at the border to being underweight and with my 43 kg I am certainly quite light. But for me there's a big difference in what my body scale shows me and what I see in the mirror. I still have the feeling that especially my stomach is a "bit fat" and that my legs should be thinner - mostly because I am so short. My boyfriend told me that he starts to get more and more worried about this whole issue and that what I am doing is ridiculous and that I can't see myself the way I really look like or in other words that I am just "blind".

So, the reason for my post is just to hear the opinions of a large number of people that will honestly tell me what they think about how my body looks like. I want to know if you think that losing more weight would be ok or already unhealthy or if I should maybe even gain back a bit weight???

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Thanks already for your support :) !

Replies

• arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I can't see your pictures
  • arains89
    Options
    But I will say 43 kg (95ish pounds) is extremely light for an adult female. How tall are you?
  • Krümelmonster
    Krümelmonster Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sorry, there was a problem but now you should be able to see them :)

I am approximately 5 feet (154 cm)
  • mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    Options
    I can see the pictures. I think you are very skinny. But instead of trying to lose more wieght why not try to tone, That way youll feel like everything is tight with out feeling like you need to loose more.
  • arains89
    Options
    I can see them now. I certainly do not think you look unhealthy. I do think that if you want to tighten up that you should lighten up on the scale and start some weight training. What other people think of you shouldn't matter however, if it is becoming an obsession to you and you continue to fee like you need to be "skinnier" than I would agree that is not healthy. We all should want to be fit and healthy and yes slim but you have that part down. Focus on healthy and maybe building some strength and if you are unable to get away from wanting to just be smaller and start to make unhealthy choices in order to do so, maybe you should speak with a counselor.
  • mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    Options
    I can see them now. I certainly do not think you look unhealthy. I do think that if you want to tighten up that you should lighten up on the scale and start some weight training. What other people think of you shouldn't matter however, if it is becoming an obsession to you and you continue to fee like you need to be "skinnier" than I would agree that is not healthy. We all should want to be fit and healthy and yes slim but you have that part down. Focus on healthy and maybe building some strength and if you are unable to get away from wanting to just be smaller and start to make unhealthy choices in order to do so, maybe you should speak with a counselor.

^^^ This.. Sorry I am at work on the phones so I couldnt fit all of this into mine. But i completely agree!!
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    With everybody who starts monitoring their food in order to lose fat and continues making healthier choices, they will reach a point at which it isn't about weight loss anymore - it becomes maintaining their health.

You're at that point - you do not need to lose any more weight. Your boyfriend is right, you are perfect as you are.

However, as you have what appears to be an ideal body fat percentage, there is no reason why you can't look at increasing your fitness, whether purely in terms of strength or including cardiac/lung efficiency. So, by all means look at changing your exercise routines if you have some already.

But, to give you the nutrients and energy with which to improve your fitness, you'll need to increase your energy intake - which generally means eating more. Fuel your body.

TL:DR You're not crazy. You have lost enough weight, though. Look to improving your fitness instead, and that will give you the results you are looking for in the mirror.
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I'm also 5 foot (4'11" to be super specific) and for your frame, your weight is right where you should be. You could gain more, but you don't have to. Like others have said, if you still have any dilemmas with the way your body is, definitely ignore the scale and go the weight training route! Weight training tightens everything up, and while you WILL gain weight from gaining muscle (because muscle is heavier than fat), you won't look "heavier" or anything at all. In fact, I think with some weight training we've got a female bodybuilder body over here! But honestly, you are perfect just the way you are...there is nothing wrong with what I'm seeing there. But if you REALLY want super defined abs and all those "cuts" people talk about...def go with some weights! :flowerforyou:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Your body does not exist for your boyfriend, or for the internet.

It exists for you.

It is only important that YOU be happy with your body. Set goals and work to achieve them.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You look good, but if you want to lower your body fat without getting "thinner" you should lift some weights. Then you can tone up and maybe gain a little weight in the process.
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Schatzi, listen to "Oma" here! Your body is perfect. You don't need to lose more weight. But everyone can always get healthier and fitter. Try lifting some heavy things, as they say on MFP, and seek to strengthen the areas where you perceive problems. That might mean you consume more calories, but that's just fuel for the muscles you'll be building! In fact, those muscles will weigh a little more but you'll become a little smaller. If that bothers you, or you continue to see "fat" on your beautiful body, or if you still feel you should lose weight, please see a counselor. Bulimia or anorexia are dangerous places you don't want to go. :flowerforyou:
  • AndreannaTamira
    Options
    I also think you look great, but it would not hurt you to add some exercise and especially weight lifting. Just make sure you eat more when you do that. That way you might see some changes on your body you like and your boyfriend will feel more comfortable about you not being " crazy". Win-win :wink:
  • Krümelmonster
    Krümelmonster Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody :)

Thanks for all the nice and positive replies. Your advise to concentrate more on building muscle instead of trying to lose more weight is probably really the best. I guess I am maybe a bit "skinny fat" because I might have very little weight but my body itself does still look quite unsporty. I already do exercises with dumpbells at home and different cardio workouts. But the dumpbells are very light ;) Maybe I should buy some that are more heavy. Well, I would love to go to the gym to do some exercises there with nice machines or to take part in some course but unfortunately I can't afford that.

So, thanks again for your support and motivation. I understood now that I doesn't really matter what my boyfriend or anyone else thinks and I should just feel happy with my body. I will try to eat more healthy and maybe include more food with proteins. I guess I will also stop trying to lose more weight and really only focus on maintaining my current weight although that won't be so easy for me ;)