Calories consumed vs calories allowed

Options
Ok am a little confused. Been 3 weeks into this and noted that, even though I am always below my weekly calorie amount allowed, I am not losing what it has been projected I should be losing. Not sure what I am doing wrong?? Any ideas or advice?

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    The projection is a very inaccurate guess. Are you still losing? You can try playing with your calorie count (change by about 100 calories for two weeks and see what happens). You can also up the intesity of your workouts.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    You've lost 6lb in 3 weeks which is great.

How far under your allowed calories are you going? They're there for a reason, eat them.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

How far under your allowed calories are you going? They're there for a reason, eat them.

this. you dont really want to lose more than 2lb per week.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

this. you dont really want to lose more than 2lb per week.
    Not necessarily if you're morbidly obese losing more tha 2 pounds is doable and perfectly healthy (and quite likely). The advice aimed at not losing over 2 pound a week is more aimed at those whoes starting weights are lower. Somehow this advice is now being quoted as it should apply to everyone which is incorrect

I do agree though 2 pound a week is a good average number no matter what your starting weight
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't care much for predictions or maths. It'll lose at its own rate from the areas it's wants to lose it from.

Be patient and keep on, keeping on, brother!!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't care much for predictions or maths. It'll lose at its own rate from the areas it's wants to lose it from.

Be patient and keep on, keeping on, brother!!

Best post ever. Just wanted to add, congrats on the 6 pound loss, and keep up the good work.
  • EddyShuttleworth
    EddyShuttleworth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thing is I lost 5 lbs in the first week which I think is down to the fact my initial weight in to put on this site was in the afternoon, and its been morning weekly since. Since then have lost half a pound per week, thats why its confusing. At least I am still losing which is good. Just frustrating am not losing more. Generally am under the calorie goal by 200-500 cals per day (my diary is set at losing 1 and a half lbs a week.).
  • Sabochan
    Sabochan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thing is I lost 5 lbs in the first week which I think is down to the fact my initial weight in to put on this site was in the afternoon, and its been morning weekly since. Since then have lost half a pound per week, thats why its confusing. At least I am still losing which is good. Just frustrating am not losing more. Generally am under the calorie goal by 200-500 cals per day (my diary is set at losing 1 and a half lbs a week.).

What kind of food are you eating? It might help knowing what your macro intake is to pin point why you aren't losing. Also, are you exercising? I fell out of MFP a while back, regained some weight and am now back into the swing of things but hope I can help ^^ Also, add me if you'd like to see what I'm doing food wise/exercise.