am i doing too much

Options
I have started the 30 day shred
the burpie challenge (which isn't an issue now, but later it will be)
and couch 2 5k

doing all this at the same time, is it too much at once?
I don't wanna overdo it

Replies

• shemyg06
    shemyg06 Posts: 84
    Options
    I just really wanna see results
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    The human body is capable of a lot. I would personally do a real strength training program in place of 30 Day Shred, but that's my opinion.
  • skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    Options
    Woah, dude. Maybe, but I'm no fitness expert.

I just worry about you getting burnt out. If you are eating back your calories from ALL of those activities, and logging consistently, you should be okay.

I'm sure people have been able to do it but maybe just trying one or two of them out? Not all three. Good luck!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    you'll know in a week or two...

personally, i'd stagger starting any program, so you can get used to one activity, before starting the next...

just make sure you eat enough, drink plenty of water, get enough sleep and take a rest day when needed.

oh and don't get hung up on schedules - if it takes a week (or ten) longer to reach your goal, so be it, getting discouraged and quitting because you fell behind a plan, doesn't get you anywhere...
  • shemyg06
    shemyg06 Posts: 84
    Options
    that's my concern, when I was younger, there was a time when I did two a days for football then went to boxing training, until I passed out one day from exhaustion and quit boxing.
    not doing anything near as intense as that though now. so hoping I can push through it for 30 days

and I'll prolly add more weight training after 30 day shred completes
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Only you can make the decision of when you need a break. What is too much for one is not enough for another.
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    try it all for a few days, eat well, drink water, and get enough sleep. working out makes most people feel good, but if you're feeling crappy it could mean you're doing too much. Your body will tell you if it is too much.