Looking for pals and patience

Options
Hi there,

Have been struggling with my weight as long as I can remember.
But now that I have lost 12 pounds since may I finally felt like I can really do this. (goal is to loose about 60 lbs)

Well, if it wouldn't be for those days when you feel like it is just a road too long to take. Honestly, I am not a patient person and that has always been my biggest challenge in losing weight and sticking to my exercises.

Seems like I can't do this on my own. So here I am looking for some people to help me stick to it. :)
Let's pull us through the tough times together :)

Replies

• Corig22
    Corig22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome and add me if you like. I am coming back into it after a long absence. It is hard, but the time is right. =) Good luck on your journey.

Cori
  • storknursekelly
    storknursekelly Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 12 lb loss, weigh to go ! Add me if you would like, I have 64 lbs. to go to hit my goal. I have yo yo'd for years, I love the support & motivation here. Kelly
  • CindyLou999
    CindyLou999 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I totally understand your battle. I've managed to lose about 11 pounds but its taken about a year (without the benefit of this website.) I really only want to lose another 12 to 15 pounds but my determination seems to get worn down and it doesn't take much for this to happen. The social part of my life seems to interfere with my efforts :)

This time however I feel pretty focused and really want to be successful so I'm hoping it works.

Good Luck! I'm cheering for you!!

(Feel free to add me too!!!)
  • mure1
    mure1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi new here too! Looking for some support...goal is to lose loads of weight :( Add me if you like! Thanks:)
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    you can add me if you like :) I have a loooooooong way to go lol :)
  • LoveandGuns
    Options
    Hey, I am new as well and would love a few pals. Please add me if you wish! <3
  • allstatemom
    allstatemom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm new too. My goal was to lose 40 pounds. I actually lost 42 pounds. It took 3 years. I have gained 12 of it back and I see no end in sight. I must get it under control before I gain it all back.
  • LoveandGuns
    Options
    If you're gaining due to eating too much from being hungry all the time, I found that fiber really helps with staying full longer, plus I always remind myself that cravings only last 20 minutes (like when I REALLY want a chocolate bar, but I know I shouldn't eat it). I hope you finally lose the weight, Allstatemom! :)
  • allstatemom
    allstatemom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon in Febraury and just can't seem to get it pulled back together. What do you eat to get more fiber?
  • LoveandGuns
    Options
    Whole grain, nuts (be careful though, nuts contain a high amount of fat if you eat too much), beans, Vegetables, and Oatmeal are few that I can mention I eat on a day to day basis. Just make sure your cereal does not contain too much sodium, fat, or sugar. Recently I have been eating Kashi (with honey) cereal, and even if it contains a plenty amount of sugar, it also contains a lot of protein and fiber. I hope that helps!
  • FitCoachShawn
    FitCoachShawn Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to an MFP support and motivation group! They are awesome!

The group is called "Lean On Me"! They have a facebook page, twitter, and an MFP group!
    Hope you like!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14158-lean-on-me
  • kkrilanovich
    Options
    To cure that occasional sweet tooth, I have invested in these Fiber One Caramel Nut bars. They're pretty good, they aren't very high in calories, have good amount of fiber, and they also provide protein as well. It's a good thing to have around if you're on the go or just want to cure that sweet tooth and not have to have something that is high in sugar and caloreis.