Well.... that's awkward

Options
ChristieisReady
ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
I'm working out- yay! I'm losing weight- yay! Where am I losing weight first, you ask? In my heels and fingers.

REALLY, heels and fingers? These are not the trouble spots I was trying to work out! Plus, it makes my shoes and rings slide around.

Where have you lost weight that has surprised you?

Replies

• TMLS
    TMLS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    80+lbs down, I still have far too much around my thighs and arms, and whilst I've lost 10 inches off my waist I can't see it. So I haven't a clue where it's gone from! Oh, I can see the difference in pictures, but if it weren't for that and the clothes I'd think I was still the same!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I started in my extremities and worked towards the centre. Head, feet, hands all lost weight first, and it was a couple of months before I started to notice the middle of my body starting to drop. :laugh:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I've noticed it in my fingers, forearms, calves and ankles. I'm not complaining though! The rest of me will catch up!
  • peanut929
    Options
    Definitely fingers first! (Was able to put my rings back on!) My husband says my face as well, but I don't see it in my face yet! Can't wait to lose it in my thighs, belly and booty! LOL
  • e_nicole_s
    e_nicole_s Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Things could be worse. I lost about 60 lbs last year, and, as a result, went down 2 cup sizes and 1.5 shoe sizes. I was ok with the shoe size. But the cup size? That was more than a little disappointing. Hopefully this time it will come off my big ol' hips and thighs instead.
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    I have to say - my feet. I mean, I really just did not expect to lose weight in my frickin' feet! I probably have gone down at least half a shoe size! I really notice it with my slip-on flats. Slip-off is more like it.
  • bzymummy
    bzymummy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've noticed it in my fingers, forearms, calves and ankles. I'm not complaining though! The rest of me will catch up!

What an awesome attitude to have. I would have been complaining but you seem to see the bright side of things. Good for you :)
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    I lost weight from my face first, arms, legs, some off hips I'm sure, waist, calves, lots from my back and shoulders.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Yep. My ankles and wrists. They do look nice but I wish it was my belly and butt!
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My neck and face have slimmed down considerably. I also lose weight in my lower back first...weird I know. Which actually caused me back pain for awhile, because I had a skinnier lower back but still carrying around the same tummy! haha.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

What an awesome attitude to have. I would have been complaining but you seem to see the bright side of things. Good for you :)

Why thank you, I'm flattered! :blushing: My friends think I'm disgustingly optimistic because I always try and find a bright side, but I quite like being happy!
  • antiadipose
    Options
    my ring size went down an entire size. and ummmm ... my butt is completely gone now =(
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Weight loss defo seems to start at the ends and work its way in to the middle,in my case I am no where near the middle, nothing has happened to my belly at all. Boobs on the other hand, where the heck did they go lol
  • shrublet
    shrublet Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I learned at some point that, for evolutionary reasons, we tend to store the most stubborn fat in our torso and, for women more than men, in our thighs and bum. This is because when we were out hunting bison on the plains and what have you, leaner limbs meant faster travel- but we had to store the fat somewhere (the whole feast/famine thing) so the belly and torso was the best place.

It sucks but at least there is some reason to the rhyme, haha.

I know that I personally have been losing the most from my shoulders/collarbone area, face, back and legs (thank god!). And forearms and fingers... what the heck, haha.
  • wyldfyre
    wyldfyre Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No wonder the straps have been slipping on my sandals. My rings are looser, but I knew that was coming.
  • scotlanded
    Options
    Now that you mention it, I guess my fingers HAVE lost some of their weight! It wasn't something I thought about but while it was always a difficulty to get my ring off before (especially in the hot and humid Michigan summer!) it's been easy peasy lately! Odd indeed!
  • StaceyDanielle90
    Options
    Wish i could drop a shoe size! :)
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    How funny!

I wear a size 12 shoe.... can I lose some toes, please?

*giggle*