Rehab after injury

Options
Hi all,

First post here -- I was injured in an auto accident approximately a month ago and broke several bones in my foot. Previously, I played soccer 3 times per week and had an otherwise active lifestyle. I'm now relegated to "taking it easy" and not performing any weight-bearing activities that may inhibit the healing. My endurance and overall fitness are now suffering as a result.

What recommendations are there (once I'm cleared to resume activities) for rehabbing an injury involving, particularly, the navicular bone and metatarsals? I'm wanting to return my skinny little freak leg to normal as soon as I can.

Thanks for the input!

Replies

• smileyface1115
    Options
    You should be seeing a physical therapist first.
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You should be seeing a physical therapist first.

Exactly !!!! This is not the right forum to seek out medical advice. Even a qualified professional would not offer advice without knowing the specifics of your case or examining you first. Any advice offered here could lead to further injury
  • syverasazyn
    Options
    Ah, dash my hopes, guys!

I am definitely counting on some PT in the coming weeks, and know there's a long wait for recovery for this particular injury. Running is definitely out of the question for now, and I did get the nice rundown of everything that can and will go wrong if I don't heed my doc's advice (no running! no standing! no nada!).

Maybe I can rephrase my query: has anyone else had experience with this type of injury and what might be expected as challenges when resuming activities? I am not seeking medical advice and will not hold harmful those who respond. Apologies for the scare.
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    As a A) Physical Therapist, and B) a person who has experienced a similar injury during soccer, you can expect a lot of ankle/foot strengthening and balance exercises. Hydrotherapy and/or swimming may be a new friend for you. All depending on the severity of your injury and your healing progress, of course. Go see a damn PT lol.