30 down, 20 to go!

Options
3abafb66-ce1c-451f-9717-b37b9cad78ae_zps3bbbf310.jpg

I'm not sure how I got to where I had been. I didn't even realize I'd put on the weight until it was already there. I honestly never felt overweight but the fact remained that I was. I reached my largest about a year ago. I was 185lbs, and I'm only 5'5", I was also in the Army at the time. It didn't hit me until they sent me to what I refer to as "fat camp", where they sent everyone from my unit that was either failing PT or failing their height and weight. They called it a "fitness challenge" but to everyone there, it was fat camp. For two weeks, I had to step on the scale every morning and record my weight, and they made us sign up for myfitnesspal. I didn't take it seriously then, I was too depressed to. I didn't do well with being told I had to lose weight. So I didn't.

I started using it again a few months later. I was separated from the Army, and hadn't done anything to lose weight. I get depressed when I'm forced by others to look at my weight. Once I brought myself to, and wasn't being forced to, I didn't feel shame. I just felt I needed to change things. It was nice, I was doing something for myself because I wanted to, not because I felt ashamed or "fat".

I tried Medifast in February this year. That's when I started losing weight. I only did it for two weeks, but I got my body used to eating in moderation that way. Now I just eat whatever, but it's all decent food. I only drink water and sometimes almond milk. Lately I've had black coffee too. After a few months I'm down to between 150 and 155 [it varies by the day] and couldn't be happier!

My goal weight is 130lbs, and I really hope I'll get there. I've plateaued lately at the weight I'm at but I'm working on it. I know I will make it to my goal one day!

Replies

• sillybubba
    sillybubba Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Very encouraging! Great work.
  • tookool2be
    tookool2be Posts: 16
    Options
    Very encouraging! Great work.
    Thank you!
  • chubaway
    chubaway Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Good work. You look so much happier in your after picture. You have a nice shape.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    You definitely look happier in the April 2013 picture. With that body, I can see why. Props.
  • balsert713
    balsert713 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!