Stay outta my house - trigger foods! What are yours?

Options
I have decided to make a list of foods that are no-no's in my house now.....There are a few things that if I have in the house I will end up binging on.

1) Chips and salsa

2) Skinny cow chocolate candy bars

3) Weight watchers dark chocolate raspberry ice cream bars

and the list keeps growing. What foods do you know (by experience) that you need to keep out of your house??

Replies

• dimples62us
    dimples62us Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know I should keep any type of cake or pie out of my house. I don't know how to have just one piece. After 20 days of trying to stay sugar free I went on a binge today. I had a cupcake and two pieces of chocolate. I walked well over 10,000 steps today but that's not really an excuse to eat the things that got me to this point. Although, I keep hearing people say it doesn't hurt to treat yourself every once in a while in moderation. LOL
  • connieleavens
    connieleavens Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My trigger foods are
    1. Chips and Con Queso
    2. Swedish Berries
    3. Twizzlers

I just cannot stop eating them until the bag is empty and then I feel ill for hours.
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Ruffles and carmelized onion dip. Cannot stop until they are both gone.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Soda
    Popcorn
    Cake
    Bread and Jam (bread alone is okay)
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Fritos and Peppermint Patties. I can eat a whole bag of either of these, no matter how sick they make me.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Cheese.
    Cakes, Cookies, Pies, Ice cream, mostly ANYTHING sweet.
    Bread. Bread. Bread. - Cheese and bread, peanut butter and bread, bread butter sugar. Tons of gross/weird binge options with a slice of bread, haha.

Carbs and cheese are my weakness I guess!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Tortilla chips are my.... "oh what the hell" food.
  • mklassy123
    mklassy123 Posts: 153
    Options
    Ice cream. Ice cream is the death of me!!!!!!!!!! I have no control. I can keep chocolate here - no problem. I once had a half pound box of chocolates and after six months I had to throw out half the box because they got stale. Ice cream, a gallon - lasts about two days. A pint is just a small snack.
  • CandiQueen
    CandiQueen Posts: 57
    Options
    any type of chocolate, especially M&Ms and Mini eggs. Also chips and dip and ice cream, ice cream, ice cream!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    1. Bread & baked goods
    2. Sweets & chocolates
    3. Chips & dips
  • nak1a
    nak1a Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Salty snacks like:
    Chips
    Cheese popcorn
    Chee-tos
    Doritos

and lastly ice cream sandwiches. can't even have the 100 calories ones in the house because i will devour them one by one thus defeating the point of buying the mini ones.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    macaroni salad
    oreos
    blocks of mozzarella cheese
    every now and then i crave wheat bread with mayo and cheese sammiches when i am about to start tom, i will eat a couple of those in one sitting, other than that i can't stand mayo on sandwiches.
    i also need to work on grapes and banas, i could just eat the whole bag of grapes or mass bananas at once it's bad

i was good though, i am doing my shop at home for groceries and i did put a pound of macaroni salad on it, then i deleted it.
    about a few weeks ago i made a pit stop at the grocery store, bought a pound of deli macaroni salad and ate the whole thing while driving home. i felt so sick after that you would think that would stop me. but nope, i must have the macaroni salad. all of it.
  • crapshack
    crapshack Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hot dogs and cheese whiz. Probably best I avoid large quantities of those anyhow....
  • tbullucks06
    tbullucks06 Posts: 128
    Options
    Tortilla chips are my.... "oh what the hell" food.

This made me LOL!
  • Pierced
    Pierced Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    1. Lays or Ruffles potato chips- can't eat just one or one handful. It usually ends up one bag.
    2. Flour chips & salsa from a Mexican grocery store.... yummy
    3. Bread- with a hard crispy crust
    Carb *kitten* here- I don't can't keep these things in my house.
  • Kellihulst
    Kellihulst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Any cookie!!
  • DuckieSteph
    DuckieSteph Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sour Cream and Onion chips, and Cheetos Puffcorn! Those things are addicting!

Also, Smirnoff Iced Tea. I don't ever drink more than one a day, but it really throws my calories off whack.

Anything else I'm pretty good at not noshing on too much.
  • tbullucks06
    tbullucks06 Posts: 128
    Options
    Its funny because I buy the lower calorie chips, candy and ice cream and still end up binging anyway on the darn things!
  • mghuss
    mghuss Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Kraft Mac and Cheese... if it is anywhere in my vicinity I feel the need to eat it. And by eat it I mean devour the whole box in under 5 minutes. Ugh!

And pretty much any kind of cheesy/salty chip snack food (Cheetos and Cheez-its are the worst!)

Tortilla chips with guacamole as well. Can eat a whole tub of guac without even thinking "Hmm, I should stop...
  • iplibrarian
    iplibrarian Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Iceburg lettuce.. NO ... just kidding!!

1. Chips and salsa
    2. Pretzels
    3. Fresh bakery bread

CARBS, CARBS, CARBS!!!!!!