anyone doing a no carb/no sugar diet?

Options
Is anyone doing a no carb / no sugar diet?
If so are you seeing any results?

Replies

• sszbarber
    sszbarber Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am not currently but have in the past following Dr. Gott's "No sugar, no flour" plan. It was pretty simple and lost lots of weight, can't seem to get back on it though! The book was very informative and had lots of recipes to try as well.
  • carriespence1
    carriespence1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am. First 2 wks are hard then became easier. I shed weight quick this way and feel better.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have type 2 diabetes and am still not doing a no-no. We do need some carbs but the carbs I avoid are the starchy ones....bread, pasta, potatoes, rice and noodles. That's not to say I never have them...just much less frequently and in much smaller amounts. As for sugar, I do have some although I keep it within parameters as much as possible.

My philosophy is anything i moderation. You can do low carb/low sugar and still do just fine. And don't be afraid of the sugars in fruit. :)
  • poptart2012
    poptart2012 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I did it for 2 weeks. Lost 7 lbs. Immediately put 4 back on as soon as I started with bread again. Felt amazing tho. WAY more energy
  • soxfan2184
    soxfan2184 Posts: 48
    Options
    I am. First 2 wks are hard then became easier. I shed weight quick this way and feel better.
    That's great :))
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 pounds (with no exercise) doing Atkins in a year...however I don't recommend NOT working out. The extra skin and flabbiness wasn't good!

I still stick with low carb and low sugar - as it does work for me along with LOTS of exercising.

It's hard to say no carb and no sugar as there are natural sugars and carbs in just about everything edible. I wish you luck, your first 2 weeks you should have a big weight loss if you are strict sticking to it! Good luck!!!
  • dianeperdue7
    Options
    yes, I have been for 7 weeks now. You have to eat about 800 calories in protein or protein bars. Fresh vegetables at lunch time. Breakfast is usually a boiled egg and protein bar or cheese stick. Salad with 4 ounce of meat at lunch and 4 to 6 ounces of meat at night.
  • soxfan2184
    Options
    I lost 70 pounds (with no exercise) doing Atkins in a year...however I don't recommend NOT working out. The extra skin and flabbiness wasn't good!

I still stick with low carb and low sugar - as it does work for me along with LOTS of exercising.

It's hard to say no carb and no sugar as there are natural sugars and carbs in just about everything edible. I wish you luck, your first 2 weeks you should have a big weight loss if you are strict sticking to it! Good luck!!!
    Thanks i plan on starting tomorrow
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    No, but I keep carbs and sugar relatively low. Today I'm at 50g net carbs and 16g sugar. I'm cutting so I'm not too worried about decreasing energy. I can always cut down on my high volume, I'm happy as long as I keep my weight on the bar. When bulking I keep carbs higher.
  • sunnyskys2013
    sunnyskys2013 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I do low carb/ low suger
  • kstjoe520
    kstjoe520 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just joined this site today and am following Atkins diet. Have done it in the past and gotten some impressive results. Biggest problem I seem to have is finding something salty to snack on instead of chips or crackers. Am trying to like chicharrones and also bought some dried seaweed. Have the sweet end covered with Atkins bars-like the chocolate caramel peanut rolls. How's it going for you? kstjoe520
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,067 Member
    Options
    1xbsk_zpseb7bb7a8.gif

How and WHY would you even try that? What the heck are you eating???
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    How do you eat NO carb and have the energy to get out of bed in the morning?

Try a reasonable calorie deficit and a balanced diet. Please.
  • carriespence1
    carriespence1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    When I say no Carb no sugar I mean no white carbs, rice flour,ect and no added sugar. I eat lots of protein veg and some fruit. I get carbs but the best kind. If I didn't I would never have energy for my intense workouts
  • daisydaisy99
    daisydaisy99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    no carbs and no sugar? is that the one that you gnaw on cardboard and wish for death...?
  • soxfan2184
    Options
    Ha! Noooo
  • memubo99
    memubo99 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I eat no sugar and keep to <20g carbs and feel fantastic. In 8-9 weeks I lost 14lb with no exercise.

I eat lots of protein and fat, whicj includes meat, eggs, veg, dairy, fish, some fruit and hope never to touch bread/pastries/cereals ever again. I am following a ketogenic diet and love it.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I eat no sugar and keep to <20g carbs and feel fantastic. In 8-9 weeks I lost 14lb with no exercise.

I eat lots of protein and fat, whicj includes meat, eggs, veg, dairy, fish, some fruit and hope never to touch bread/pastries/cereals ever again. I am following a ketogenic diet and love it.
    >No sugar
    >Some fruit
    Choose one
  • RippedNicole
    Options
    How do you eat NO carb and have the energy to get out of bed in the morning?

Try a reasonable calorie deficit and a balanced diet. Please.

I'm in agreement on this. I think you'll be happier and less likely to deviate.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    NOPE