FitBit Question

Options
Help! Something's wrong with fitbit sync. Now, instead of adding calories for exercise, it's subtracting them. Yesterday I actually lost 510 calories for exercise.

Replies

• highcountrymama
    highcountrymama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    On Wed, Mar 20, You ate 1240 of your goal of 947 cals

1947 calories burned
  • Felt8533
    Felt8533 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just curious if you ever got an answer on this?? I posted the same question several days ago and haven't had an answer...
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you have negative adjustments turned on and you're not very active during the day it WILL take them away. You can turn the negative adjustments off if you don't like it. I personally like the negative adjustment - super motivation to get off my booty and get moving on those days when I only have a couple thousand steps.

I've noticed too that it seems like it goes off your previous days. Like if you have some very active days and then a low day you'll get a higher negative adjustment than if you have several moderate days and then a low day.
  • Felt8533
    Felt8533 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did figure this one out... Yes, it is taking calories away because FitBit has determined the number of calories a day you need to burn in order to reach your goal. If you haven't burned that many then it takes it away from your calories. I turned mine off because most of my exercise is done late afternoon/early evening so it's not reflecting reality for me. I was ending up at the end of the day eating all these extra calories in order to keep up. It just wasn't realistic for my situation.