Question about food.

Options
Is it okay if I eat less calories than it says I should eat daily? I still have like 700 calories left and I'm done eating for the day. Just wondering if that's good.

Replies

• angeleyes527
    Options
    be careful if you are exercising and you dont eat the recommended calories you will throw your body into starvation mode. Even if your not exercising you may lose a little but will force your body into starvation mode.
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    See I'm supossed to eat 1,723 caories, but I only ate 1,022 but so far I only burned around 390 calories. Is that bad? I'm afraid to eat more because of me going over my fat limit and stuff.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend eating your calories, as much as you can... try to eat more fruits and vegies!! =]
  • angeleyes527
    Options
    I would eat the amount of calories your suppose to choose lower fat content, popcorn, fruit veggies oatmeal. things like that, which will give you your calories and not alot of fat. 390 burned is toward your goal so keep pushing yourself to keep going each day. you will be just fine.
  • ValerieCx
    ValerieCx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Not eating enough will only sabatage u in the end. Try to make healthier choices. Healthy choices and getting in fruits and veggies is what I always have the most trouble with because I don't like many veggies but things like that will give you the calories you need without the fat. Best of luck!
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Your fat percentage may be too low - there is a bad stigma and stereotype about fat in our diets. You actually need to eat fat if you want your body to eat up the fat on your body (which I assume you do)

1022 calories is not enough; if the system tells you to eat 1700 that has a built-in deficit to allow you to lose weight which is why everyone says to eat also your exercise calories. Now I am not saying you have to, but not could definitely deter your progress.

If you are too concerned about fats, try to eat lower fat food. Also, if you make your diary available we would all be happy to make recommendations for you!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    On occassion if you have one of those busy days and don't get in all the calories it isn't a big deal, but don't make it a habit or your body will hold onto every precious pound and then you run the risk of abusing the scale in frustration.
    I found that when I started keeping track I was not eating enough calories consistently and it was hard to get the scale to move. I also was getting the majority of my daily calories after work for dinner, and into the evening. It blew me away but it is really true . . . eat more to lose more . . . well "clean" healthy food anyway . . . and at the right time . . . and drink that water . . .
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    Eat as close as you can to your daily intake of calories. Try filling up on fruits and veggies.