sweet tooth

PedalHound
PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
So, ever since my first pregnancy I've had this afternoon sweet tooth. That was previously a REALLY bad time for me and a source for much of my unwanted weight. I've had some nutella in the house that I've been allowing myself to get through those tough craving times but it's still got two things I do NOT want to put in my body (refined sugar and saturated fat! blech!) so I'm looking for some tips that can help me limp through the next several days as I take another step into wellness and get rid of the unhealthy sweet snack.

What are your sweet tooth satisfiers that are healthy?? :tongue:

Replies

• PedalHound
    So, ever since my first pregnancy I've had this afternoon sweet tooth. That was previously a REALLY bad time for me and a source for much of my unwanted weight. I've had some nutella in the house that I've been allowing myself to get through those tough craving times but it's still got two things I do NOT want to put in my body (refined sugar and saturated fat! blech!) so I'm looking for some tips that can help me limp through the next several days as I take another step into wellness and get rid of the unhealthy sweet snack.

What are your sweet tooth satisfiers that are healthy?? :tongue:
  • sjsmith
    sjsmith Posts: 2
    I had the exact same problem until I learned that I'm hypoglycemic. Of course I looked it up on the information gateway and learned that hypoglycemia causes major sweet tooth attacks! You can cure that by eating smaller meals more often (6 times a day). I know, I thought, "How on earth am I going to lose weight by eating more?" But I am, and I don't crave sweets!

Good luck to you!

Stephanie
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Frozen Yogurt, you can either go to TCBY (if you have one) or companies like Haagen-Dazs and Ben and Jerry's also make frozen yogurt in yummy flavors. It's alot healthier than ice cream. Just be careful no to eat the whole pint! :drinker:
  • PedalHound
    I've been eating lots of smaller meals (and I totally agree - when friends have started commenting on my loss one friend wanted to make sure I was eating enough. I told her I was eating 3x as much as before!! lol). It does help the cravings. I know part of it for me too is that afternoons are a tough parenting time and the old emotional eater in me rears its ugly fat head :laugh:

Keep the ideas coming!!!
This discussion has been closed.