Oats anyone ?

Options
hottotrot
hottotrot Posts: 44 Member
Ok soo I have a huge bag of oats and never made or ate them before :/ I know ridiculous lol
What do you had with your oats or how do you prepare them ?
Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I put in half a scoop of protein powder (any flavor) and have that for an afternoon snack. Over the weekend I mixed some with mashed bananas and baked as cookies. I also love oats with some dried fruit and a little bit of maple syrup.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I usually just make them into oatmeal and add a spoon of peanut butter and a little honey.
    Another thing I always do is use them with an egg as the glue in meatloaf or meatballs.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    My main use for oats is in baked oatmeal, which I eat a ridiculous amount of. I also sometimes put oats in meatloaf or use them to make whole-grain bread, or cookies and crumble toppings.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I mix some oats with some mushed bananas and make some killer cookies.

http://www.eatcleandiet.com/the_kitchen_table/recipe/recipe.aspx?id=2676
  • IronFiend
    IronFiend Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    They're great straight out of the container, too!
  • hottotrot
    hottotrot Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas :)
    If I where to make cookies how long do I put them in the oven for and how long ?
    Is it just two ingredients ? Lol
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Today would have been raspberries. But, alas, my raspberries were fuzzy. And not in a good way.

I normally do a little fruit and some honey.
    Trail mix is good
    Raisins or dried cranberries
    Peanut butter and jelly works, too, just control the portion to keep the calories in check.
    And I've done the protein powder scoop in them as well. Good stuff.

Soooo many options. You could eat oatmeal every day and not run out of ideas for a long, long time.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I just have water and cinnamon with mine, or chopped fruit with almond milk is nice
  • dixielawgirl
    dixielawgirl Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I use steel cut oats & prepare them with almond milk.

Favorite toppings/mix ins include: peanut butter/banana/honey , peanut butter/chocolate protein powder, and dried fruit/walnuts

Check out the Hungry Girl. She has a ton of oatmeal recipes :) THe portion is HUGE.
  • suunflower
    suunflower Posts: 36
    Options
    Overnight oats are amazing
    1/2 cup oats + 1/2 almond milk, in the fridge overnight, top with fruit in the morning! Or you can get creative and add yogurt, seeds, cocoa powder, pb, options are endless!