Here I go!

Options
Hi all! I am hoping to get to know some of you through this site, and that we can each push one another to reach our goals.

I have been struggling with my weight for a while now. When I was younger, it wan't too bad. But then I grew up, I got a sedentary and time consuming job and didn't fully understand what I needed to do to keep my weight down. Then, to top it off, I married the WRONG man. Depression led to more eating and soon I was in a downward spiral. Luckily, I got out of that marriage, but my weight was still more than I would have liked. My weight was a yo-yo from 145-175. Usually on the higher side. Oh, and I'm only 5'4". Then...I got pregnant with my first child. When I gave birth to him I weighed 216 pounds. After I gave birth to him, I lost only 15 pounds. I hated my body. But I was able to lose the weight. How you ask? I wanted another child. That motivated me to lose over 60 pounds only to get pregnant....and gain it all right back!

My daughter is now 15 months old, and I have lost only 22 pounds. My weight when I gave birth to my daughter was 208 pounds. I now weigh 186 pounds....can't believe I am admitting that! I am tired, depressed about how I look, and want to stop avoiding having my picture taken. I relized that my children will look back at the youngest years of there lives and rarely see me in a picture with them, because I avoid having my picture taken.

Well, I say...NO MORE!!!! I will now proudly have my picture taken, and if I do not like how big I am, then I will not be depressed by it...NO, I will be empowered by it! I will lose 60 pounds and I will reach a point where I look at those pictures and not even know who the woman in them was! But I will keep those pictures even so, to remind me of where I have been and what I do not want to return to.

Will power, I will get you back! Sweets, I will not be your slave. Fast food, you are not my only choice! For I am in charge of my own destiny and I can do this!

Replies

• islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Good start. Someone posting their pictures inspired me to post mine. We all start some where and when you see what others accomplish it is truely inspiring. You are welcom to add me as a friend.
    Enjoy the journey.
    Shel
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    welcome
    you can do it, just dont give up. take it one day at a time. track all your food and exercise daily.
  • blfesq
    blfesq Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I appreciate it and look forward to the process!
  • sandradee82
    sandradee82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am so glad i found this sight.. After being on for one day I already feel like I'm not alone... Its easier to deal with things when you can talk to folks who are goin through the same things.
  • angeleyes527
    Options
    Good for you. Add me as a friend be glad to offer my support.
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're off to a great start...a positive attitude will get you moving forward. There are so many people here to support you. Reading your post pumped me up!! Good luck with everything and I agree with taking it one day at a time. I do the picture avoiding thing too...
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm a picture avoider too! I am also 5 4 and am north of 200. This is a great site and I've lost 6ish pounds - mostly by portion control and better choices. Being honest with the food diary is key.

Good luck on your lifestyle change!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Great attitude!!! Keep it up and good luck. Feel free to add me as a friend. :happy:

1571613.png