New to the Community

Options
Hello!

My name is Sherry and I'm new to the myfitnesspal community. I'm 54 years old and due to my desk job, menopause, and some medications, I've found myself about 45 lbs overweight. Found myself? That makes it sound as if I just woke up one morning and BAM! I was fat. We all know it didn't happen that quickly, and it won't come off overnight either. But, I know it will never come off at all if I don't do something to make it happen.

I think the logging of food and exercise is easy to do here, and very helpful. I once followed a low calorie diet and created my own spreadsheet to track my food. It was cumbersome and difficult to find the resources. Myfitnesspal.com seems to have done all the research for me.

I haven't started a fitness program yet. If only I could lose weight and get fit by making excuses! But, as they say, there's no time like the present, so starting right now, I will be taking better care of myself so I can lose weight, gain health, and make myself proud. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you and sharing this journey.

Replies

• lougalan
    lougalan Posts: 10
    Options
    Good for you! Log your food and begin with walking. That is free and is the best way to start working out. I love walking!