Am I Hungry?

Options
Jonahyona
Jonahyona Posts: 108 Member
Ugh, a lot of the time I'll eat a meal and then 2 hours later or so I'll feel hungry. It's a feeling in my stomach and I just start to really want to go downstairs and have snacks! I'm starting to think it's like a boredom hunger or something? I had some tea and the feeling is still there. I just want to eat all the food. -_-

**I'm on summer break and I tend to stay up quite late and so I have to save some calories for snacks later... D: **

Replies

• mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That happens to me too, and then the more I think about it the more I want to snack. Once I decide I'm probably just fighting a craving and that I am not giving into it- it is a little more manageable. It's a hard thing but it's getting past those moments that will lead us to success. Something that helps me is drinking lots of water when it happens to get a feeling of fullness, but I'm not going to lie sometimes it just doesn't help. Best of luck!
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    You are 19 and your body is still growing and you have restricted your cal to 1300! You feel hungry because your body needs more to eat!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    You are 19 and your body is still growing and you have restricted your cal to 1300! You feel hungry because your body needs more to eat!

This.
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have this problem. I've read that if you start to feel hungry, ask yourself if you're hungry enough for healthier foods. If you're not willing to eat an apple to get rid of your hunger then you aren't really hungry, it's just a craving. Or distract yourself and take a walk. It could be boredom masquerading as hunger.
  • Jonahyona
    Options
    I stay up super late. I get 1510 calories a day so I have to save it for later!!
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Jonahyona . How tall are you ? That could be because you need to eat more and add good fats ,protein and some veggies and fruit to your diet . Its hard to tell because you haven't really posted a lot . And you have a lot of processed foods and that can make you crave Your sugars are high and its not from natural sugars like fruit .
  • Jonahyona
    Options
    I'm 6'2"
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I stay up super late. I get 1510 calories a day so I have to save it for later!!
    Still not enough unless you are extremely short for a guy. For reference I am 5'10" 32 year old female (so nolonger growing) and eat 1700 cal daily. You need more fuel for your body.
  • bevmcarthur
    Options
    WOW yes if you are 6'2 then you really need to eat more have you ever figure out you TDEE? MFP is very good for tracking your food but there number s WAY out for your calories and you need to custom your goal .CHeck out this web page http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • Jonahyona
    Options
    Why does MFP set me at 1510 then? :/ Maybe I should move it from 1.5 pounds a week to 1 pound a week.
  • bevmcarthur
    Options
    THe only think i use MFP is for tracking my food as they have your numbers way low in my eyes.
    i eat 1500 calories and i have mine set at an thats before working out on my big cardio days i eat more
    Carbohydrates 35
    Protein 35
    Fat 30
  • Sn0wflake9804
    Options
    I get this way all the time as well. I just drink alot of water and if I can't fight that feeling with water then I grab a healthier snack. I normally grab a piece of fruit or maybe cut up a cup or fresh veggies. I've even just grabed a yoplait lite (if you like yogurt) and that seems to help the cravings a bit. Sometimes youve just got to tell yourself you are doing this to make yourself healthier and fight through it. Just remember you are still growing and your body needs nutrients. Just alway make healthier choices when grabbing for a snack and youll be fine. Keep up the awsome work, before you know it youll surpass the goals you have set for yourself :)