Getting Started

Options
Hello, all! This site was recommended by a friend to help me out and so far I like it a lot. Trying to lose about 30 to 35 lbs and to get ready for my fitness test. I struggle terribly with push ups. Any suggestions that may help?

Replies

• hagness
    hagness Posts: 5
    Options
    I do push ups on the stairs so you are not quite lifting your body weight....but you still have some resistance....then move to regular dreadful push ups!
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    I do them on my knees! I can now do a LOT more than before, and could probably do real ones but I can go really deep on my knees and I think it makes me stronger. :)
  • dcholliday2
    dcholliday2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Trying doing them on your knees first so you can build up to doing them off your knees. Doing them on your knees helps out a ton & it makes you feel like you can tackle push ups a lot easier :smile:
  • dmcquarrie
    Options
    Hi! Just joined this Web site. Have been following a weight reduction plan for a little while, have 14 lbs off, but many more to go. Glad to find a site that will help me keep track of my journey! Am hoping for some help from my new friends! :) Thanks in advance!
  • rayfan36
    Options
    Thanks so much for the tips! I am going to try both knee and stairs tonight! Wish me luck and I will keep you posted on my progress.
  • dmcquarrie
    Options
    Why can't I get my ticker to show up? Can't get my badge on my home page either. :(
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Welcome!!

Do them stood up against a fence or something similar to start with. Then work to doing them on your knees and then eventually you will master them! xxx