Super Models? Or Super Gross?

Options

Replies

• Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Body shaming is also my favorite thing to do!

Not really I think its completely gross and shouldn't happen to anyone no matter what their size is.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    lol The majority of them looked healthy to me...There was only one person on there that I thought looked a bit too thin. I'd kill to look like Brooklyn Decker, who is on that list. She looks healthy and fit!

2ptyvbo.jpg

This girl...I have no clue who she is...but she was on the list too. In what world is this "malnourished"? LOL

v6n2te.jpg

I'm starting to think that our society has become so accustomed to seeing obesity that we think that it's what's normal and there's something wrong with people that take care of their bodies.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Beautiful women come in all shapes and sizes.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Imagine your sitting on the beach, having fun, getting some sun, and with your loved ones. Someone takes a picture of you publishes it on the Internet puts it out there for all to judge if you are worthy enough and proceeds to call you malnourished or fat. How would that make you feel? Does it teach our daughters to love their body? Does it seem judgmental?

Frankly all these posts make me embarrased to be a woman. We focus more on each others flaws more than men do. Maybe it is some genetic competition for the best semen. I don't know but as educated learned women...Stop it!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Imagine your sitting on the beach, having fun, getting some sun, and with your loved ones. Someone takes a picture of you publishes it on the Internet puts it out there for all to judge if you are worthy enough and proceeds to call you malnourished or fat. How would that make you feel? Does it teach our daughters to love their body? Does it seem judgmental?

Frankly all these posts make me embarrased to be a woman. We focus more on each others flaws more than men do. Maybe it is some genetic competition for the best semen. I don't know but as educated learned women...Stop it!
    You assume they are educated learned women, these posts lead me to believe they are neither educated nor learned women. Just catty biotches.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    I really don't think those women look malnourished and I find many of them sexy, personally. I don't see the point in bringing negative attention to them. Why can't we all just say "I love my body and what I am working towards" and leave it at that, without bringing other people down, whether you're commenting on a stranger/celebrity, or not.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Super-judgemental body shaming, more like it.
    Who cares. Do you. You just wasted time looking at pictures of (and then *****ing about) other women when you could have been prepping some healthy meals, going for a walk, doing a workout, refillng your water bottle or any number of other things to help you improve yourself. I looked at the first two pictures, found nothing offensive, made a big "sigh" face.
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    The OP deactivated her account, y'all. You can put away your talons and fangs, lol :)
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    The OP deactivated her account, y'all. You can put away your talons and fangs, lol :)

Good. But I already got my talons and fangs out so it would be a shame to not put them to use.

I think that shaming people for whatever reason is wrong. I don't care if they are skinny, fat, obese, or have a problem that has nothing to do with their looks. But, this is odious saying these women are super gross. Most of them look healthy and fit not at all anorexic. And if they were anorexic calling them gross is really mean in that case they have an ED and it would be like calling a cancer patient gross or someone with schizophrenia gross. In that case they would be someone in serious need of a medical intervention. Irregardless people deserve to be treated with respect no matter what their body size is.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...I'm starting to think that our society has become so accustomed to seeing obesity that we think that it's what's normal and there's something wrong with people that take care of their bodies.

Agreed. I come from a family of naturally thin people. We are not malnourished or super gross. We DO eat plenty of food but we are also very active. Your thread comes off as Super Petty to me. :tongue:
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    arrogance
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    Only thing I want to know............................can they make a good sammich?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Lol she deactivated. I still want to reply though, because this post actually made me feel awful. I struggle with body image and have for years. I'm about the size of many of those girls, my genetics don't allow for anything else. My life has been upside down so I don't have energy to exercise right now, so I feel like a flabby stick that lacks womanly curves (small A-cup here.) This shape was okay when I was a teenager...but now a days I just feel self conscious.
    Don't blame the media when you have a problem with something, change starts with yourself. If you don't like MSN writing stories about bikini bodies, A) you have body image issues of your own, and B) you're reinforcing that type of media by clicking those stories. They wouldn't write them if the stories weren't read. And most of all, don't hate on others when you're insecure. Being thin is no worse than being too fat, and none of those girls looked sickly thin anyway. I would know.
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options

Good. But I already got my talons and fangs out so it would be a shame to not put them to use.

I think that shaming people for whatever reason is wrong. I don't care if they are skinny, fat, obese, or have a problem that has nothing to do with their looks. But, this is odious saying these women are super gross. Most of them look healthy and fit not at all anorexic. And if they were anorexic calling them gross is really mean in that case they have an ED and it would be like calling a cancer patient gross or someone with schizophrenia gross. In that case they would be someone in serious need of a medical intervention. Irregardless people deserve to be treated with respect no matter what their body size is.

THIS. You wouldn't call a cancer patient or someone with a developmental disorder gross, why is it okay to call people with eating disorders gross? It's actually probably the worst thing you can say to them. They DO NOT choose to look like that.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Deactivated over that?! Jeesh defend your argument if you can't then just ignore your post
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    They look fine to me. Not super gross? Why would they be? They are healthy. I have seen super gross thin. This is not it. Perhaps you should Google what an actual anorexic or "malnourished" person looks like?
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to think that our society has become so accustomed to seeing obesity that we think that it's what's normal and there's something wrong with people that take care of their bodies.
    [/quote]

I agree
  • Mamalea32
    Mamalea32 Posts: 134
    Options
    right on! human beings do not need to be called super gross. that term is from those who are envious of others or who down others to feel better about themselves. let us all be happy with mother nature's gifts!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I think the majority of those ladies have absolutely amazing bodies! I didn't find any of them super gross! (in fact I'd take any of them over the one I now have lol) If I see someone who is severely anorexic I might feel sad for them and wish they could see themselves as others do, but I'm not going to tell them they are super gross.

Some people are naturally very slim, skinny even and they probably have as many body issues as overweight ladies. I think calling anyone gross based on their body shape is a pretty damn gross thing to say.
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I think she was a troll. They just create accounts and post crap to get people all riled up. In this case, it worked ;)