Im gaining weight seriously HELP

Options
So I've been cutting my carbs literally no carbs for about 10 days and im not losing any weight actually Im gaining some I dont understand Im working my *kitten* off for this I work out 5 days per week I eat 3 meals eggs fruits for breakfast baked chicken with vegetables I dont understand I work put for an hour and a half per day I run I swim I go to zumba I try to do different things I know cutting all the carbs is not healthy but I have a beach trip in a month and I really need to sher at least ten pounds. My weight was 154 today then I workout (eliptical training) for about an hour then my weight went up to 154.6 somebody help me please I just dont understand Im doing everything right and I always lose weight fast so please help Im desperate

Replies

• JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Are you doing a ketogenic style diet?

Most likely water weight and the culprit I believe are the fruits.

Fruits have Carbs. 1 gram Carbs holds 4 grams of water weight.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    So, I've been cutting my carbs (literally no carbs) for about 10 days. I am not losing any weight, I am actually gaining some. I don't understand! I'm working my *kitten* off for this! I work out 5 days per week, I eat 3 meals; eggs, fruits for breakfast - baked chicken with vegetables. I don't understand. I work out for an hour and a half per day. I run, swim, go to zumba and I try to do different things. I know cutting all the carbs is not healthy, but I have a beach trip in a month. I really need to shed at least ten pounds. My weight was 154 today, then I worked out (eliptical training) for about an hour. My weight went up to 154.6! Somebody help me please. I just don't understand... Im doing everything right and I always lose weight fast! Please help I'm desperate.
  • onebucfan808
    Options
    You HAVE to balance your diet better. Cutting out carbs is not only dangerous, but it is counter-productive. Carbs are necessary to create the energy you need for you day and your workouts. Try adding some back in. Also, try to eat 5 meals a day instead to invigorate your metabolism. When you make eggs, try one egg and two egg whites. Also, post workout weights are almost always higher unless you sweat everything out without putting any water back in (again dangerous). I am not certain if you are posting everything you eat in here, but stay at it and you will do well. Make sure you are putting EVERYTHING in here, to include anything you "graze" on throughout the day. For instance, if you walk by a bucket of candy and grab a few and eat them, you have to account for that. Make sense?
  • JudyWithers
    Options
    If you lower your calorie intake and add back in some of those carbs, your body will release that extra fat. You need healthy carbs.
    Best way to know what to eat is...if God made it ..then you can eat it. No processed meats and lots of fresh veggies. try eating a snack (35 or less calories) 3 times a day to keep your metabolism going. Keep up the good work!
  • JisatsuHoshi
    Options
    You HAVE to balance your diet better. Cutting out carbs is not only dangerous, but it is counter-productive. Carbs are necessary to create the energy you need for you day and your workouts. Try adding some back in. Also, try to eat 5 meals a day instead to invigorate your metabolism. When you make eggs, try one egg and two egg whites. Also, post workout weights are almost always higher unless you sweat everything out without putting any water back in (again dangerous). I am not certain if you are posting everything you eat in here, but stay at it and you will do well. Make sure you are putting EVERYTHING in here, to include anything you "graze" on throughout the day. For instance, if you walk by a bucket of candy and grab a few and eat them, you have to account for that. Make sense?

You dont need Carbs for energy... my diet is 65% fats, 30% pro, 5% Carbs. I eat about 30g net Carbs a day... Best shape of my life...

Ketones is also a fuel source, but not too many people even know what that is...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating. What is your gross intake.?

When did you start exercising?

ETA: wait...are you worried about a 0.6lb weight gain before and after your workout? What has you weight done over a longer time?

I assume you drank water during your workout.

If you weighed yourself before and after your workout - stop.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

How can it be the carbs when she says she has reduced them?

Weight gain from water retention from carbs only makes sense if she has increased them.
  • andreachgiraldo
    Options
    Example: today for breakfast was 1 whole egg and one egg white scramble btw lunch grilled chicken and steamed vegetables for dinner grilled salmon all of them homemade Im not a big fan of salt so. Fruits are sometimes it would be 1/2 cup of pineapple for breakfast for example I know its dangerous but I really need to lose weight I drink a lot of water maybe 8 10 glasses per day so if it is water weight I dont know what to do
  • faely
    faely Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    So I've been cutting my carbs literally no carbs for about 10 days and im not losing any weight actually Im gaining some I dont understand Im working my *kitten* off for this I work out 5 days per week I eat 3 meals eggs fruits for breakfast baked chicken with vegetables I dont understand I work put for an hour and a half per day I run I swim I go to zumba I try to do different things I know cutting all the carbs is not healthy but I have a beach trip in a month and I really need to sher at least ten pounds. My weight was 154 today then I workout (eliptical training) for about an hour then my weight went up to 154.6 somebody help me please I just dont understand Im doing everything right and I always lose weight fast so please help Im desperate

A beach trip in a month is not a reason to get rid of healthy nutrients and kill yourself quickly. Healthy now, healthy later.

Gaining .6 lbs after working out could be anything. Going poop could get rid of that. A lot of people would kill to only have to complain about .6 lbs.

Relax. Eat healthy, do your workouts and don't sweat the scale.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal and are you reaching it?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    If you restrict yourself so much before you go on vacation, what is likely to happen when you go on vacation with all the food around?

You are more likely to over eat, and you will be eating carbs I expect so you will end up gaining the weight back as most will be water weight.

Eat to a reasonable caloric deficit. You do not *need* to lose that weight before you go on vacation.
  • andreachgiraldo
    Options
    I work out all my life, but I can say seriously for 7 months maybe my portiona are 1 fillet of salmon for example not big vegetables 1 cup maybe less I didnt mention I measure all my portions
  • imondrugz
    imondrugz Posts: 154
    Options
    Actually laughed! Weight of course fluctuate during the day due to water or food intake ! The leaner you get the harder it is for you to lose weight.. Usually when i'm quite lean i aim for 0.5 lbs a week sometimes lower and that's considered great work. But i believe in your case you just do a load of cardio and consume low calories which just mess up your metabolism... Your body adapts to that and goes in survival mode.. It tries to hold on every single bit of fat you have because fat is the easiest source of energy!! I'd recommend refeeds in your case and after you're done dieting you should reverse diet! Just an advice stop worrying about your weight and worry more about how you look in the mirror! Plenty of times your weight doesn't change but you actually got leaner than before
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating. What is your gross intake.?

When did you start exercising?

ETA: wait...are you worried about a 0.6lb weight gain before and after your workout? What has you weight done over a longer time?

I assume you drank water during your workout.

If you weighed yourself before and after your workout - stop.

this
  • andreachgiraldo
    Options

My calorie goal is 1200 and actually Im always under
  • JisatsuHoshi
    Options

How can it be the carbs when she says she has reduced them?

Weight gain from water retention from carbs only makes sense if she has increased them.

It's hard to judge she said she reduced her Carbs to almost none for 10 days. carbs can = water retention.
    fruits and vegies have Carbs

Of course they're other factors too which might explain things:
    -did she weigh herself at home then at gym? Home scale may not be calibrated.
    -how much water did she drink during her cardio session? Did she pee before steping on the scale?
  • IamDianna
    IamDianna Posts: 37
    Options
    You need to open your diary if you want reasonable responses. If you are not logging everything, it is hard for anyone to help you.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html
  • andreachgiraldo
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies. They've been really helpful and actually calm me down
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

Eat your calories. Eat your exercise calories.